898 Terminal Ave N
Nanaimo, BC V9S

Sake House

Cuisine: Japanese

• 5/28/2014

A Japanese chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it.

Te_John photo

Te_John

Nanaimo, BC

Good Thing the Sake is warm!

The service is shitty. The menu confusing. When the food did come it was not as we ordered and the waiter made no attempt to fix it. The food was mediocre at best. I have friends who are regulars here but I wouldn’t touch it with a 15 barge pole.

Gyoza

The menu said steamed Gyoza and we got Deep fried. Waste of time and money. I swear if the were not next to a Casino the would have gone out of business long ago.

ddsafddas photo

ddsafddas

Nanaimo, BC

Sake House Nanaimo

I went for their Monday/Tuesday all you can eat menu. I usually only do AYCE sushi because I find often its better than buying individual items. Their AYCE sushi was 18$ which is pretty high for AYCE sushi (I’ve paid between 10 and 22 dollars).

To begin their menu was extremely small. It lacked gyozas, and really pretty much anything outside of tuna/salmon. They had alright california rolls, but their BC rolls consisted of only salmon, nothing else. Many items also had a limit of how many you can order (things such as sashimi, maki and motoyaki). Normally this wouldn’t offend me but when the 4 pieces of sashimi you get are 1 inch by 1 inch squares its not very impressive. Most portions were very tiny.

Most of the sushi seemed to be done by inexperienced cooks because the california roll was the only “inside out” roll they did, and it was also the only one I would say was up to par. The first things I received were a miso soup and a sunomono. Miso didn’t look like it normally does, and tasted off. My sunomono was 1 bite worth, and not prepared properly (crunchy). I also had the motoyaki which was done with salmon (never had it that way), but it was poorly executed.

The service was fairly good, but overall I didn’t have a great experience. As a sushi lover I was seriously disappointed and do not think I will be returning. For the 40$ I spent taking me and my girlfriend I could get a very good assortment of sushi from another place.

California Roll

They make a standard cali roll, but if you want a cali roll you might as well just order them from a to go place.

Japanese

Sake House  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Sake House Nanaimo Bc, Sake House Nanaimo, Saki House Nanaimo Menu, Sake House Restaurant Nanaimo, Sake House Nanaimo Hours, Sakehouse2, Sake House Nanaimo Menu, and Saki House Nanaimo.