265950 84 St NE
Calgary, AB

Saltlik

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steak, Lunch

Overall
Pros
"Awesome salmon... Very good tasty bow grilled rib ...just right for the price... Handmade baked apple pie made the dinner perfect!"
"Everything"
  • 3/01/2015

A Steakhouse chowhound from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 2/12/2015

A Steakhouse chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it.

• 12/19/2014

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 9/14/2014

A Steakhouse food lover from Seattle, WA tried it.

• 6/23/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 5/21/2014

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/10/2013

A dining patron from Burnaby, BC tried it and liked it.

• 10/26/2013

A Steakhouse chowhound from CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food and liked the service.

• 10/07/2013

A dining patron from Surrey, BC tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

thekua photo

thekua

Calgary, AB

Awesome steak at Saltlik

When I first arrived in Calgary, exhausted after a restless nine and half hours on the plane, Saltlik was my first place to dine out at. Not hesitating to seat me a 9pm sitting, the waitress happily gave me the space to peruse the menu over a glass of red Zinfandel. Impressed as I was by all there was on offer, I wanted something light and, under a recommendation, ordered the smallest tenderloin – my first taste of the local, Albertan AAA beef. They first served a basket of bread, some a flavoured sourdough accentuated by the springs of oregano and a creamy butter that easily melted into its warm fibres.

Looking around the restaurant, Saltlik has a warming atmosphere, punctuated by the typical white-table clothed dining apparently found all over the city. Dark wooden veneers on almost every wall and, what looked like, a roaring fireplace on the other side a welcome treat from the cold winds outside.
When my entrée arrived, I remember being absolutely delighted by it and had everything all great steaks should have – strong flavour, just enough moisture, and a great texture without really needing a razor sharp knife to cut through with it.

My only two regrets leaving this restaurant is that I just didn’t have any room for dessert, and that I hadn’t learned the local tipping custom and probably went below what I really wanted to give.

CharmaineC photo

CharmaineC

Edmonton, AB

very good steak, for that price (comparable to the keg), ...

very good steak, for that price (comparable to the keg), I would definitely choose this place over the keg, I really enjoyed the atmosphere too

Steakhouse Steak Stephen Ave Mall

Saltlik  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Saltlick Calgary, Salt Lick Menu Calgary, Saltlik Calgary, Saltlik Calgary Reviews, Saltliki Calgary Menu, Saltlik Menu, Salt Lick Restaurant Calgary, and Saltlik Calgary Menu.