920 E. Lake St.
Minneapolis, MN 55407

Salty Tart Patisserie

Neighborhoods: Phillips
Cuisine: Bakeries, Lunch, Breakfast

Salty Tart Patisserie is a Bakeries, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Michelle Gayer-Nicholson, You Are My Hero

Have you been? Go! Why aren’t you there yet?! If the Midtown Global Market wasn’t already an amazing establishment, Salty Tart only further elevates the variety, love, and quality of the food shrines you can experience there. Whether it be savory or sweet, Salty Tart does it right.

Head pasty chef, Michelle Gayer-Nicholson is a genius whose passion is translated and easily read in everything she produces. She was named “Best Pastry Chef” by the editors of Bon Appetit magazine, and was a finalist for the James Beard Award for Best Pastry Chef in 2010. Bravo, Chef.

Salty Tart’s motto is “Cooking with Integrity”. They use seasonal, local and organic ingredients and make everything in their 400 square-foot bakery from scratch daily. You wouldn’t expect it from their unassuming booth, but Salty Tart is nothing short of spectacular. There are several bakeries closer to my home, but I have, on several occasions, made the drive specifically to Salty Tart.

Cupcakes? Don’t even get me started. The cake is moist and flavorful, but the frosting is in my top 3 best frosting of all time if it’s not number 1. I’ve done the red velvet, mocha, stout, apple, etc. Never been disappointed. And now that I’ve started writing I will probably have to make a visit tomorrow.

My best friend and I will go whenever he is in town and get a cupcake or two and whatever else is there that day. Last time we had a savory mushroom and cheese filled pasty. I’m not usually a fan of savory pastries, but this one has made me a believer! I haven’t found a favorite yet because everything I’ve had is the best in its own way. I’m never afraid of just closing my eyes and pointing, I’m sure to go home happy.

If you visit Midtown Global save a little room and a couple bucks for a cupcake dessert at Salty Tart. They also do custom cakes and catering. I’m just waiting for an excuse to hire them! Check this out and tell me you aren’t drooling! http://www.saltytart.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/ST_CAKEMENU_FINAL3.pdf

Bakeries Dinner Lunch

Salty Tart Patisserie  Restaurant Reviews

Salty Tart Patisserie is located near the cities of Saint Anthny Vlg, St Anthony, and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Salty Tart, Michelle Gayer Nicholson, Bananawoo, The Salty Tart, Alty Tart Minneapolis, Salty Tart Menu, Salty Tart Bakery Menu, Salty Tart Minneapolis Menu, and The Salty Tart+Mpls+Menu.