7437 Gravois Ave
St Louis, MO 63123

Sam's Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steak, Szechuan/Cantonese, Seafood

Sam's Steakhouse is a Steak, Szechuan/Cantonese, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The atmosphere, the music, and the waiter, Marty, who was very polite."
Cons
"My Ribeye was terrible. It was gristly and fatty. The meat did not taste right. The twice baked potato didn't taste right. Most of my plate was uneaten and when asked if I wanted to take the leftovers home, I said 'Oh no". Wasn't even asked if there was a"
Comments
"We were celebrating our 7th Wedding Anniversary and for the price of the meals paid, the meals should have been perfect, but, we far from that."
"Love the hamburgers in the bar with piano player. "
  • 7/15/2019

A diner from Ballwin, MO tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The atmosphere, the music, and the waiter, Marty, who was very polite.
    Cons
  • 1/02/2019

A diner from US tried it.

• 12/14/2014

A Steak food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Comments
    Love the hamburgers in the bar with piano player.
  • 12/30/2013

A diner from Saint Louis, MO tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/19/2013

A Steak food lover from TX tried it.

• 12/03/2013

173rd photo

173rd

Ballwin, MO

Terrible Meal

Took my wife there for our 7 yr. wedding anniversary. The meals were terrible.

Looks good but tasted terrible... - Ribeye at Sam's Steakhouse

Ribeye

Both the Ribeye and Twice Baked Potato tasted terrible. I took 2-3 bites of each and left the plate alone. Did not want to bother taking the leftovers home.

vandenplas photo

vandenplas

Grantwood Village, MO

The REAL Sam's Steakhouse

7437 Gravois, St. Louis, MO is not the home of Sam’s Steakhouse – or Phil’s BBQ which will be covered in another review.

Sam’s, on the other hand, is located much farther west on Gravois on the southwest corner of Gravois and Laclede Station Road, just east of Grant’s Farm and Grant’s Trail. It is the ONLY restaurant located in tiny, affluent Grantwood Village, Missouri. Grantwood Village also includes Grant’s Farm and the Whitehaven National Histroic site.

Sam’s is more of an elegant restaurant than the classic "steakhouse’. There are no open fires here and no fried onions. Sam’s offers choice steak, some ranging to $35 – $40; seafood, chicken, fish and pasta, and an atmosphere of elegance and fine dining. Their unique salad dressing, steak sauce and gigantic baked potato make it a special place. It is also a great place to host an elegant affair.

Unlike some steakhouses, it is possible for a vegetarian to enjoy a wonderful meal at Sam’s.

The bar offers a full menu as well as a special hamburger menu. However, for several months, we have noticed that, in the bar, (where you can smoke and enjoy the piano bar) there is an unpleasant odor not unlike dirty dishwater. We keep expecting it to go away, but it has not. So, we suggest dining in one of the front dining areas and smoking in the bar or not at all.

New York Strip

My companion said the New York Strip was cooked to perfection, lean, great steak sauce, altho it doesn’t really need it. We also enjoyed an artichoke appetizer that was light and tasty.

Steak Reservations Szechuan/Cantonese

Sam's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Sam's Steakhouse is located near the cities of Saint Louis, St Louis, East St Louis, East St Louis, and East St Louis Township.
People found this by searching for: Sam's Steakhouse Restaurant, Sam's Steakhouse, Sam's Steakhouse St. Louis Mo Menu, Companion Restaurant, Sam's Steak House St Louis, Sams Restaurant Affton, Sam's Steakhouse St. Louis, Sam Steakhouse In St Louis Mo, and Sam's Steakhouse St Louis.