38 Tramway Rd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87122

Sandiago's Mexican Grill at the Tram

Cuisine: Mexican, Latin American, Lunch

Sandiago's Mexican Grill at the Tram is a Mexican, Latin American, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 1/10/2016

A Mexican food lover from Albuquerque, NM tried it.

• 7/13/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 11/23/2013

A dining patron from US tried it.

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

Berkeley, CA

nothing special

Sandiago’s is at the base of the world’s longest aerial tramway, which leads up to the top of Sandia Peak. The decor isn’t eye catching or appealing, although some window seats have a nice view of Albuquerque.

We went the first day they have ever served brunch. The menu wasn’t very extensive, and the prices were kind of high. Of course, I ordered the breakfast burrito. It was humongous, although many other NM restaurants have tastier ones. The waiter was friendly, but he was really slow, and every one that worked here didn’t seem very happy.

The wise thing to do would be to eat before going up Sandia Peak, because you can get tastier for cheaper. Average food combined with slow service and rather pricey meals make this slightly subpar in my opinion.

El Burro at Sandiago's Mexican Grill at the Tram

El Burro

A very huge breakfast burrito with a thick tortilla. If you like your burrito with a strong tortilla presence, then you will definitely like this. I liked the potatoes thrown in here, since they actually added lots of flavor.

irishpunk photo

irishpunk

Albuquerque, NM

A little out of my league

Not the kind of place you’d see a tattooed guy like me at. I get stares everytime I go here, even from the staff. They have good margaritas. The one good thing and probably the only reason I keep going back is they have this steak that is stuffed with some kind of chile. Probably one of the best steaks I’ve ever had. Worth trying it if you like steak.

mightynuke photo

mightynuke

Albuquerque, NM

Mexican Grill offers great food and view

The restaurant has a broad menu of tasty entrees – from traditional New Mexican to higher-end (steak, fish, pollo, pork, etc.). I was there on a busy night but we had reservations and were seated promptly. Food was very good, well-prepared, flavorful, and nicely presented. Service was also very good. Waiter was attentive and checked back to see if we needed anything.

Grilled Salmon

Salmon filet with 3 pepper glaze with black beans and braised vegtables. This was an excellent dish, bursting with moist flavor.

timspnut photo

timspnut

Bad Service

We have tried a couple of times to eat here. Each time we have been there is no one to seat you. Once we waited for almost 10 minutes while Host was on phone with personal call having argument. Another time the hostess just walked right past us and never came back. Never have seen many people eating here. Most of their business comes from private parties.

Mexican Latin American Online Ordering

Sandiago's Mexican Grill at the Tram  Restaurant Reviews

Sandiago's Mexican Grill at the Tram is located near the cities of Old Town, University Of New Mexico, and Unm.
People found this by searching for: Sandiago's At The Tram, Sandiago's Mexican Grill, Sandiago's Mexican Grill Menu, Sandiagos Albuquerque, Sandiagos, Sandiago's Mexican Grill At The Tram, and Sandiago's Albuquerque.