3760 S Centinela Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90066-3126

Santouka Ramen

Neighborhoods: Mar Vista
Cuisine: Ramen, Japanese, Hot Dogs

Santouka Ramen is a Ramen, Japanese, and Hot Dogs restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

drhodds photo

drhodds

Vancouver, BC

No bad...but too salty

A Japanese friend of mine highly recommended this place when I visited LA. I had the ramen with miso base and pork combo with rice topped with fish eggs. It seemed very greasy at first, but the soup was full of flavor. Perhaps I should have left the soup alone and just eat the noodle. My buddy orded the same noodle but with roasted pork on rice. Needless to say we finished our meal feeling very satisfied initially. It did not take long before I began craving for water. The soup was simply too salty and anyone with high blood pressure should be careful. I had to continue drinking water for the entire night! I will have to ask if there is MSG in the soup next time I go there.

Recently I visited Daikokuya in downtown LA and what a difference. There wasn’t too much to choose from but it was much better. (The one in Costa Mesa was bit of let down though.)

henrywang photo

henrywang

San Gabriel, CA

Best Ramen place in the Westside!

This place is in the food court inside the Japanese market Mitsuwa.

OK, so i’ve tried Ramenya and Ashai Ramen, and they don’t compare. Santouka is soo much better. This place has Salt, Miso, and Soy Sauce soup base which gives such a variety in taste. It is very authentic ramen as if your japanese friend’s grandma made it.

#32 Regular Size Soy Sauce Ramen Combo

This dish gives you a good filling meal with the classic soy sauce ramen.

tulips500 photo

tulips500

Favorite ramen on the West side.

Santouka is where I go when I’m craving ramen— although that wasn’t always the case. The first time I ate here (also on the recommendation of a Japanese friend), I was turned off by the heaviness of the broth although the noodles were delicious. But a few more visits and I was hooked! Now accustomed to the fuller, richer, heavier broth that is Santouka, I’m a big fan of their ramen. They do offer a wide variety of broths and toppings as well as rice bowls to combo your ramen bowl, that sometimes it’s difficult to decide what to get. It does get crowded during dinner time on the weekend, but we find that if we go early enough we can beat the crowd and not have to wait too long or hunt for seats. Another plus is that there’s a little bakery/coffee shop in the food court that serves soft serve green tea or vanilla ice cream that’s always a pleasant way to end the meal!

Daikokuya

Japanese in Sawtelle

Orochon Ramen

Ramen in Civic Center-Little Tokyo

8/22/2019

A diner from Woodland Hills, CA tried Santo Pietros in Bel Air.

8/16/2019

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Jim's Chinese Food & Bakery in Park Mesa Heights.

8/15/2019

An Italian food lover from Reseda, CA tried Chianti (CLOSED) in Melrose.

8/10/2019

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried Wong's Wok in Silver Lake, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/09/2019

A Seafood food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Fish Only in Lincoln Heights.

8/08/2019

A diner from US tried Tams Burgers in Vermont Harbor.

8/08/2019

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried Delmonico's Seafood Grille (CLOSED) in Beverlywood.

8/08/2019

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Hamburger Charlie in Mid-Wilshire.

8/06/2019

A dining patron from US tried El Tarasco in Westchester.

8/06/2019

A Spanish chowhound from CA tried Mariscos El Caracol.

Ramen Japanese Parking

Santouka Ramen  Restaurant Reviews

Santouka Ramen is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Santouka Ramen Los Angeles Menu, Santouka Ramen, Santouka Restaurant, Santouka Menu, Best Ramen In Los Angeles, Santouka Ramen Los Angeles, Ramen In Mar Vista, Ramen Mar Vista, and Santouka Ramen, 3760 South Centinela Avenue.