1776 E Washington Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91104-2753

Sarkis Pastry

Neighborhoods: East Central
Cuisine: Bakeries, Pastries, Catering

Sarkis Pastry is a Bakeries, Pastries, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

• 5/25/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/02/2014

A dining patron from Atlanta, GA tried it.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Baklava....yum!

Food is my comfort and its been a rather emotionally tough few days. Sigh, I’m remorse that I gave in to emotional cravings, but I was driving towards my Law of Attraction meeting when I passed by this delightfully well lit bakery for the upteenth time tonight. I saw that it was open because I was quite early for my meeting, so I seized the moment to finally try this bakery out.

Lo and behold, Sarkis is an Armenian/Arabian based bakery. I saw so many kinds of baklava and many pastries similar to the Greek pastries. (see pics)

The gal who helped me was so warm and friendly, patiently answering all of my questions. I ended up with a small piece of a few types of baklava: pistachios, cashews, swar (ground pistachios) are the ones I can remember. I also spied a shredded like baklava that reminded me of a greek type of ground walnut baklava that I really enjoyed at the most recent LA Greek Festival. The Armenians call it Kataifi. Yum!!

I could only have a small bite of each because they are very sweet. They were divine with my hot green tea from Starbucks tonight. It’ll probably take me several days to finish off the 4-5 pieces of baklava I bought tonight. They charge you by weight.

I also couldn’t help but check out their bakery section. They had such wonderful looking tarts, cakes, etc. They had mini cakes/tarts too, so I added a mini orange marmalade cake at the very end. It looks like a mini fancy french lady dressed to the tee with corset, garters, hat and plumes. Almost too pretty to eat. The gal that was helping me proudly told me that the outer layer of the mini cake was edible too!! How delightful!! The cake was so light and fluffy, the middle was a surprising whipped cream with a dollop of orange marmalade – very nice combination of flavors. It was all dressed in a thin wrapping of divine dark chocolate.

The 4-5 pieces of baklava and one mini cake came out to just $4.95. Hmm, definitely doesn’t break the bank and qualifies as a doable treat to self.

I have to exercise stronger resolve so I don’t succumb to emotional eating. But its also good to be kind to oneself every now and then. LOL. My choice tonight was, at least, in keeping with my New Year’s resolution to eat Vegetarian. :)

Great uplifting meeting tonight was even better with these delightful treats. The only negative about this location is that it seems to be a dead zone for those on the AT&T network. Sigh…but now I know where to get incredibly tasty baklava for the next potluck I attend.

baklava

The various baklava I tried featuring walnuts and pistachios were absolutely decadent!

Bakeries Pastries Baklava

Sarkis Pastry  Restaurant Reviews

Sarkis Pastry is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Sarkis Pastry Pasadena, Ca, Sarkis Pastry In Pasadena, Sarkis Pasadena, Sarkis Pastry Pasadena, Armenian Bakery In Pasadena, Ca, Sarkis Pastry, Sarkis Bakery, and Sarkis Bakery Pasadena.