3939 Rosemead Blvd
Rosemead, CA 91770-1951

Sea Harbour

Neighborhoods: Rosemead
Cuisine: Chinese, Dim Sum, Lunch

Sea Harbour is a Chinese, Dim Sum, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"This restaurant the food so wonderful "
Cons
"Nothing"
Comments
"I will recommend this restaurant with my friend ."
  • 12/10/2018

A dining patron from AZ tried it.

• 1/11/2018

A diner from Pomona, CA tried it and liked it.

• 7/19/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Burbank, CA tried it.

• 7/15/2017

A diner from South Pasadena, CA tried it.

• 5/21/2017

A Chinese food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 5/13/2017

A diner from Bell, CA tried it.

• 4/29/2017

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/17/2017

A Chinese food lover from Valencia, CA tried it.

• 1/05/2017

A Chinese food lover from Calabasas, CA tried it and liked it.

• 12/26/2016

A Chinese food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

Elite is better

One of the best dim sum places in L.A. And that’s saying a lot, since L.A. (SGV of course) is the hotbed of Chinese food in the United States.

This time we tried the chicken with bitter melon cheung fun. I haven’t had bitter melon in a long long time, and now I can actually eat it without going, yuck, too bitter. The rice “sheet” was thin and just the right consistency, not too hard. The squid roll with foie gras was a dud. There’s a teeny piece of goose liver in there and way overcooked since the whole thing was fried, and I don’t know where the squid was. We also had a number of dishes I’ve had before there. We didn’t order any siu mai or har gow. Please people, can’t you just get beyond those dishes? But now they’ve stopped making the shrimp with pea tips dumpling, which is weird, why would they stop making that.

Everything was fresh and delicious, as before. And, as before, the service sucked. Plus, by now, you’d think they could have had more menus printed up. They only give you one menu for the table, and then constantly want to take it away.
Well, I guess if you have to put up with bad service for some good dim sum, that’s what you gotta do.

pleasurepalate photo

pleasurepalate

Dim Sum Nirvana at Sea Harbour

I have to say that of all the Dim Sum restaurants I’ve been to in the past, not including the two I mentioned above, this is the first time I have ever experienced Dim Sum Nirvana.

Now I can’t say that I was in love with each and everyone of the 17 different items our group ordered, but except for 2 noodle dishes which I found to be too greasy, a cold cut platter which I wouldn’t normally order on my own anyway and prawn skewers that I found to be bland, everything else was absolutely delicious.

Of the remaining 13 dishes, 5 really stood out for me. First, there was the baked BBQ buns. Usually, I don’t go out of my way to order baked BBQ buns unless it’s a group consensus. You can generally get those buns at most Chinese bakeries so I don’t consider them a big deal. What I don’t tend to like about BBQ buns is that the bread portion of the meat bun can be a little heavy at times and generally, you get more bread than actual filling.

However, the Sea Harbor version’s meat bun had a bread that was surprisingly light and there was something almost more delicate about these BBQ buns than I’ve seen elsewhere. Also, when you take a bite, you immediately get a bite of the delicious meat filling unlike other BBQ buns I’ve had in the past where I had to take a couple bites of bread before even getting close to the center of the bun where all the action really is.

The second dish was something I’ve never had before and it was eggplant stuffed with shrimp paste. This was actually my favorite dish of the morning. Since I love eggplant, this dish already sold itself before I even tasted it, but when I took my first bite, it was heavenly. The creamy texture of the cooked eggplant and the shrimp paste which had a slight pungency to it was just a great combo. I could have easily polished off a couple of plates on my own without any thought to sharing them with anyone else at the table.

Along with the BBQ meat buns and eggplant dish above, I also really enjoyed the sticky rice wrapped with lotus leaf. Between the sweetness of the rice and the slight saltiness of the pork in the rice, I got the the perfect world of sweet and savory in every bite.

The last two items on my highlighted list are two desserts. The first is the Chilled Coconut and Taro Pudding. What I liked about this item was that it was really cool and refreshing and that it was delicately sweet. I really think it’s a great summer dessert for those days when it gets so hot that this little dessert may actually be a sweet way to cool you down (at least for a little while).

The last dessert was the Glutinous Rice Ball with Bitter Melon. As soon as I saw that dessert, I just knew I had to try it. Having had bitter melon before and knowing that it indeed can get bitter, I was interested to see how it would turn out as a dessert. I’m assuming that the bitter melon was incorporated in the rice ball itself since the filling of this rice ball was a sweet sesame paste. What was interesting was that I could taste the bitter melon but I didn’t taste any of its bitterness. Instead, there was kind of nutty flavor to the rice ball that was interesting, but very appealing. All I know is that when I return to Sea Harbour, I’m definitely going to order this bitter melon dessert again.

Overall, I absolutely loved Seafood Harbour and it definitely is tops on my list. I can see why it’s a Dim Sum restaurant popular with so many other people as well. I’m just glad to see that in this case, I actually visited a restaurant that lived up to the hype.

Baked BBQ buns at Sea Harbour

Baked BBQ buns

The bread for this bun was surprisingly light and there was something almost more delicate about these BBQ buns than I’ve seen elsewhere. Also, when you take a bite, you immediately get a bite of the delicious meat filling unlike other BBQ buns I’ve had in the past where I had to take a couple bites of bread before even getting close to the center of the bun where all the action really is.

Eggplant with Shrimp Paste at Sea Harbour

tinajean photo

tinajean

Burbank, CA

I am not heading South.

The food was good and different than what I am use to. But, all in all, a great place. I want to go back and try the Dim Sum. The salt baked chicken was soggy and spongy and would have been better if the outside was crispier. The duck lettuce cups were good as they had a nice flavor. The rock cod was tough to figure out because it was mixed with all the bones and was hard to eat. The pan fried noodles were nice and crispy. The dishes came out pretty quickly. What I learned from this is that I don’t care for Southern Chinese cuisine because it’s a bit bland for me.

Salted Baked Chicken

spongy and aoggy

Rock Cod Stew or Soup

Duck Lettuce Cups

Nice flavor

Crispy Pan Fried Noodles

This had a nice crunch and taste

dhnoho photo

dhnoho

North Hollywood, CA

Dined here for dinner and not Dim Sum

I have heard so many great reviews of this venue but then I realized it was for their Dim-Sum.

We dined here with a group of 20 for their dinner service. I was a bit disappointed, it was on the pricier side considering there were 20 of us and the taste of the dishes really fell flat for me.

The service could have been better, but perhaps it may be confusing as there are many of us and only one of him. The waiter who took our order kept second-guessing our options, so hindsight, did he know we ordered all the wrong items?

The best item was surprisingly the Duck Lettuce Cups, everything else after that was ‘okay’ and somewhat bland.

Here’s my take on what we sampled.

Salted Baked Chicken

This was not bad at all, it was tasty and of course salty but too much salt though. I would have prefered it to be crispier but otherwise it was nice with a side of rice.

Duck Lettuce Cups

This was one of the better dishes. Once ordered, this did come out quickly. The duck was perfectly seasoned and the accompaniments were the standard lettuce, crispy rice noodles.

Rock Cod Stew or Soup

I couldn’t tell if it was supposed to be a stew or soup, I couldn’t find the cod meat anywhere, it’s served hot in a sizzling soup pot. The taste was a bit too bland for me.

Crispy Pan Fried Noodles

Your standard pan fried noodles, tastes okay, comparable to other restaurants.

Chinese Dim Sum Parking

Sea Harbour  Restaurant Reviews

Sea Harbour is located near the cities of Marion, San Gabriel, Temple City, South El Monte, and South San Gabriel.
People found this by searching for: Seafood Harbor Rosemead, Sea Harbor Rosemead Menu, Sea Harbour Seafood Restaurant Rosemead Menu, Sea Harbor Menu, Sea Harbour Restaurant Menu, Sea Harbor Seafood Restaurant Menu, Sea Harbour Seafood Restaurant Menu, Sea Harbour Seafood Restaurant Rosemead, Ca, and Sea Harbour Rosemead.