Sea Watch Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Lauderdale-by-the-Sea
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Private Parties

Sea Watch Restaurant is a American, Seafood, and Private Parties restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

FloJack photo

Boynton Beach, FL

Great Food, Beautiful ocean view, Rustic atmosphere

We stop here every time we have to pick up or drop off someone at Ft Lauderdale airport or seaport. So it is sort of a “special” occasion restaurant since it is so far from home (about an hour away).
Our favorite is the lobster bisque. I love the grilled scallops, fish and chips, and the blackened Mahi Mahi sandwich. My wife enjoys the grilled portbello sandwich. Today they had a chilled avocado and crab soup special. Delicious!
Today our server was Brittany. She was very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. Kept our drink glasses filled and checked on us frequently. Everything came out in a timely fashion and she didn’t have to ask “who gets the…” :-)

Lobster Bisque

I keep coming back because of this dish. Creamy bisque with chunks of lobster centered in the bowl.

Chilled Avocado & Crab Soup

Creamy avocado soup with BIG chunks of crab. Delicious.

Grilled scallops

Beautifully grilled scallops with a light tomato broth served with baby carrots, grilled string beans and 2 small, perfectly cooked, potatoes.

Bread basket

Nice sized basket of pumpernickel and multi-grain bread. Served warm with a generous portion of real butter – no margarine here. No really a “menu” item, but deserves to be mentioned.

richopp photo

Boca Raton, FL

Oceanfront Romance and Great Food

The Sea Watch is my favorite restaurant in Florida for regular food. Sure, Chef Allen and Norman Aiken do the fancy stuff better than most, but if you want to eat fresh seafood while gazing at the ocean and swaying palm trees and not have to mortgage the house, the Sea Watch is for you.
I moved down in ‘72, and have been coming here ever since it opened in ’74. It is casual to dressy, you decide. The dishes are a bit more expensive than they were in ’74, but the conch chowder, house salad, fresh rolls, and the fresh Florida Snapper with black bean, mango, and papaya relish is my dream dinner. Dates swear by the crab, shrimp, and asparagus over thinly-sliced, fanned garlic potatoes, the shrimp, the combination platter, or the medley, but give me the Snapper every time. It hasn’t changed one bit in years, and it is awesome.
Make this plan:
Arrive early, give your name to the hostess and request a table on the porch, by the window if possible. Climb upstairs to the raw bar, order a nice bottle of Fume Blanc, and grab some great shrimp, etc., from the raw bar, and go sit outside on the porch and watch the waves and the palm trees. Pick a night when there is a full moon and I guarantee success! (I call it my only 100% restaurant…you figure it out.)
They will take whatever is left in your bottle downstairs when they call your name, and bring you superb fresh rolls and bread—think CIA American Bounty Room or the Marina Bay Club in the ’70s—with your menu. Order some conch chowder, the required sherry, and sit back and enjoy. Next, the house salad and then your main course. You will be full, but for me the drive back to Boca on A1A with the top down is enough time to digest and relax with some great tunes—Jimmy is always in style, but pick your personal favorite. Then, a stroll on the beach and up to pool deck to, well, relax. Those warm Florida breezes and that full moon will turn you into a conch faster than anything I know of!
The Sea Watch is a South Florida treasure. Go before some developer offers him a billion dollars for it or the business just gets too much to handle. Trust me, you will come back as often as you can!

Fresh Florida Snapper

Only thing that I know that is better is served by Chef Allen and the atmosphere at the Sea Watch makes this dish worth twice the price!

pkgourmet photo

Boynton Beach, FL

Service. cuisine; and ambience were excellent. All thirteen of us had a memorable evening.

Bouillabaisse a la marseillaise

Fresh shellfish and marvelously flavoured broth.

July 23, 2012

Food was good. Atmosphere was great! Service was eh. Our waitress barely paid attention to us; my husband was finished with his entree before she came out to check on us. This meant no drink refills, no condiments, and no bringing out the…
June 22, 2012

Food is really not worth the price. Have had better at the "tourist traps" down the strip. Just another one I those places that overcharges to try and set the mood without having the quality of food to back it up.
June 18, 2012

Our third visit in three years and it was very good. All the fish was very fresh and the beet salad was so refreshing. Great views and sometimes when there is a full moon, they throw a party outside. Lounge is extremely nice - upstairs.

American Northeast Seafood

Sea Watch Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 7/11/2015 A diner from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/01/2015 A diner from FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/19/2015 A diner from FL tried it.

• 7/04/2014 A diner from FL tried it.

• 5/23/2014 A diner from FL tried it and liked it.

• 5/14/2014 A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it and liked it.

• 5/01/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 4/16/2014 A diner from FL tried it.

• 3/30/2014 A diner from Saint Petersburg, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 1/10/2014 A diner from GA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Sea Watch Restaurant is located near the cities of Lauderdale By The Sea, Sea Ranch Lakes, Oakland Park, and Wilton Manors.
People found this by searching for: Seawatch Restaurant Fort Lauderdale Menu, Early Bird Lauderdales By The Sea, Blue Moon Fish Company Restaurant, Seawatch Restaurant Lauderdale By The Sea, Sea Watch Restaurant Lauderdale By The Sea, Seawatch Restaurant Pompano, and Sea Watch Restaurant Pompano.