10609 Lagrange Rd
Louisville, KY 40223-2418

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern

Cuisine: Cajun/Creole, Kid's Menu, Breakfast

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern is a Cajun/Creole, Kid's Menu, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and tipped more than 18%.

• 6/08/2016

A Cajun/Creole food lover from Louisville, KY tried it and liked it.

• 7/18/2014

planoamy photo

planoamy

Louisville, KY

Selena's Serves Great Food With Class

My husband and I have passed the Willow Lake Tavern for years, but we took an interest in the recently remodeled Selena’s at Willow Lake Tavern. The summer faded before we could visit to enjoy the patio dining area, but a late December Saturday lunch was the perfect opportunity to finally try a new local spot.

The parking lot seemed full and we anticipated a wait, but the hostess greeted us as soon as we entered and we were taken to a cozy booth. The warm brick and rich woods (decorated in holiday lights for the season) created a private atmosphere. As we were being seated, a gentleman came by and welcomed us so graciously that my husband and I each thought that the other must have known the man. Nope—just the manager making us feel at home.

Our server was at our table almost before we had taken off our coats, and he took our drink order and made several menu suggestions. I tried the blackened chicken carbonara, and my husband ordered the spinach lasagna. We also each ordered the hot spinach salad, but our server humorously suggested that despite his best interest we should order one salad and split it due to the size. When he brought our salads they were already divided for us and were fresh and full of flavors.

Our entrees arrived soon after we finished our salads and we both were impressed with the presentation. My husband’s lasagna was stacked high and not runny or smashed. The chicken carbonara I had ordered was delicious—the chicken alone was seasoned with a spicy rub which would have been too hot if it weren’t mellowed by the creamy noodles. Both dinners were portioned so large that we had to take them home for a second meal later. We didn’t save room for dessert although the options were tempting. I think on our next visit, we’ll have to try the Bananas Foster.

We were also pleased with the price of the dinner, which compared to a pleasant meal at other area restaurants such as Olive Garden, Mimi’s Cafe, or Cheddar’s but with much more personality. Other items on Selena’s menu included beef, seafood, and creole dishes but the variety would please just about anyone. Selena’s has become our new favorite place. Being somewhat out of the way, it has a local charm and an inviting atmosphere. You are sure to find both a wonderful meal and charming hospitality at Selena’s at Willow Lake Tavern.

Chicken Carbonara

Slightly spicy but tempered by the creamy noodles, this was a specialty of the day. The dish is served in a huge bowl and after eating for nearly a half-hour I still had enough for another meal.

Spinach Lasagna

Layered noodles, spinach, rich cheeses and thick tomato sauce all meld into one stand-up serving of lasagna. Unlike other restaurants who serve their lasagna in a bowl to keep it all together, Selena’s lasagna is rich and hearty without being too tomato-ey. The portion is so large you can count on taking some home!

Cajun/Creole Kid's Menu Takeout

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

Selena's at Willow Lake Tavern is located near the cities of Jeffersonville and Parkway Village.
People found this by searching for: Willow Lake Tavern, Restaurants In Prospect Ky, Willow Lake Tavern Louisville, Selena's Menu, Selena Menut, Selena's Restaurant Louisville Ky, Selena's Louisville, and Willow Lake Tavern Louisville Ky.