3700 Orleans Ave

gregoryv photo

gregoryv

New Orleans, LA

Great Food, Great Service, Not very Mid City though

This was the first time going and the staff were all very welcoming. From the older gentleman at the door greeting us and helping with the new menu, to the professional waiters and staff. I had been to the Green Goddess in the quarter and was excited that the chef would be coming to Mid City, which is where I live. We tried several of the dishes between the four of us. From the fried okra, to the brushetta, to the watermelon, tuna skewer, and many more that all of us enjoyed very much. The prices are not too bad either, although definitely is more upscale. I will say that I do not believe this restaurant will last though with the way it is being marketed. They are going for a fine dining, low light atmosphere in the heart of the most happening part of mid city, Bayou St. John and Orleans. This is an area where people are chill and hip and consider ourselves kinda trendy. All while enjoying good meal with a great beer or cocktail. The atmosphere definitely needs to be more New Orleans syle with more light, some music, and more of a casual atmosphere. Also, did not love the way the Chef looked. A brand new restauarant and he is coming out of the kitchen in dirty looking scrubs and needs a better Chef coat. Just looked grungy for a place he is trying present as fine dining. Anyway, just my opinion.

tuna/watermelon

American City Park Mid City
Fri-Sat 06:00PM - 11:00PM (Supper)
Sun-Thu 06:00PM - 10:00PM (Supper)

Serendipity  Restaurant Reviews

Serendipity is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: New Orleans Serendipity, Serendipity In New Orleans, Serendipity, Serendipity New Orleans Menu, Serendipity New Orleans, Serendipity New Orleans Restaurant, Serendipity Restaurant Menu, Serendipity Restaurant New Orleans, and Serendipity New Orleans La.