8607 Westwood Center Dr
Vienna, VA 22182-7506

Shamshiry

Cuisine: Persian, Private Parties, Lunch

Shamshiry is a Persian, Private Parties, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"Food taste out of this world. Huge portions and great price."
  • 1/07/2021

A Persian food lover from Fairfax, VA tried it.

• 2/16/2020

A diner from Mclean, VA tried it.

• 2/25/2017

A Persian food lover from Sterling, VA tried it.

• 11/21/2015

A dining patron from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food taste out of this world. Huge portions and great price.
  • 5/22/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 6/09/2013

A Seafood food lover from Manlius, NY tried it.

JoeMollica photo

JoeMollica

Vienna, VA

Salaam, Vienna!

Shamshiry Cholo is an Iranian kabob restaurant tucked away in the shopping center behind HBL Mercedes. Parking is provided on the upper levels of the parking garage behind the restaurant. Pay attention to signs regarding parking as tow trucks frequent the area and you WILL be towed!

First Impressions: When you first enter Shamshiry, you’re taken aback by how small a place it is! With seating for maybe 50, it’s tight quarters. The wait staff will greet you with excitement and seat you promptly.

Atmosphere: After being seated as you look around you’ll notice there’s really nothing outstanding about the decor. Most of the trinkets on the wall had stickers of ‘Dominican Republic’, the tile floor is that of an older deli, and the chairs/tables are of similar history. Aside from the aromas, the only thing to indicate this place is Iranian is the food!

Food: I have my reservations about the food. I’ll admit, I’m a bit of a nit-pick when it comes to Middle Eastern food (my family lived in Turkey for some time) and how it’s cooked. The bread for an appetizer tastes like store-bought pita and is served in a plastic sandwich baggie at your table. The kabob is cooked superbly in terms of cook time, however the flavor is quite bland. The meal portion is generous, relying heavily on a ton of Basmati rice to fill the rest of your plate. An order of kabob will net you two skewers and rice. The baklava is not the Greek traditional style made with Filo dough, but is instead made with ground chickpeas as was old-world tradition. Quite good! Try it out! Other menu items are available, average prices range between $8.99-$12.99

Drink: Their iced tea is delicious! I think they use Jasmine Tea, but whatever it is, it’s delicious. Also, they have a house-made Doogh- a yogurt drink- which is flavored with mint and lightly carbonated. If you like the Sadaf regular Doogh, you will probably hate this doogh.

Service: The service was average, frankly. Our waiter seemed frustrated at our asking questions of the cuisine and at times we even seemed like we bothered him with asking to switch out some unsatisfactory drinks.

Overall: Shamshiry is an average restaurant that was nice to try but don’t foresee myself returning to. For the same price you can travel one mile down the road to Famous Afghan Kabob (same shopping center as Wendys and Sports Authority) and get larger portions of tastier food in a much better atmosphere.

Chicken Soltani

One skewer chicken, one skewer Kubideh (ground beef), and rice. The chicken was overall bland, the beef delicious, and the rice excessive. This dish would’ve been better served with stronger flavor on the chicken, more meat/poultry, and less rice. Honestly, just an average dish.

KabobLover photo

KabobLover

Wilmington, DE

Poor Food and Poor Service = Poor Dining Experience

I have been eating at Persian restaurants in the North Virginia/DC/Baltimore area for the past 20 years, so I decided to give this place a try. When I first sat down, the first thing I noticed were the unwashed glasses at my table. When I asked the waiter to bring me a new/clean glass, he seemed frustrated by this request. Furthermore, the food was served on equally dirty, cracked dishes. The manager and waiter did not even apologize for these gaffes, and were clearly not concerned with the quality of their customer service.

I ordered the “Barg Kabob”, and I was extremely dissapointed to say the least; I thought I was eating cardboard!

I am also concerned that the food may have been contaminated, in light of the official health report issued by the Fairfax County Department of Health, which observed numerous health code violations routinely carried out in this restaurant.

This health report can be viewed here:

This report will make you think twice about eating here.

For an enjoyable and sanitary dining experience, your best bet is Moby Dick House of Kabob (www.mobysonline.com) as well as the many other fine selections of Kabob eateries iin the area.

P.S. Unfortunately, this site would not allow me to submit my review unless I clicked on at least star to rate the restaurant, which is not right because it doesn’t allow me to provide an accurate evaluation of this restaurant’s aweful service and food. Because of this formality, I had no other choice but to click on “1 star”, but everyone reading this should know that I wouldn’t give this restaurant any stars.

sam108 photo

sam108

Fairfax, VA

ok.

This is the story of a man who has been living right here in Virginia for the past 50 years. He is the owner of Shamshiry.
Yet, no one ever dared to put light on how he is using his businesses’ money to violate the rights of other human beings.
It makes me wonder, was there no one, or it was just me who noticed because I am very careful and want to make sure no one’s right is violated.
This man’s name is Abbas Atash- Sobh. Mr. Sobh he is a resident of Mclean, VA and he is the owner of Shamshiry Restaurant located in Tyson.
Yes, by now you might have thought same as I thought when I step in, believing this man. I thought he owns a restaurant, and I can trust him.
I was a new graduate, and I did not have a job. I was very disparate. I met him at my volunteer job. He promised me a job in his restaurant. He said he needs a manager there. I believed him, so I went to his resident without any hesitation, I thought it was job related.
Then things changed and things that followed spared me from myself. I got no job, but instead got in a trap, I guess my beauty was a big enemy of me at this time.
They guy planned everything and I did not know until now, far from the scene. Yes rape, assault, abuse was all part of it.
I was new and naïve, and it was my first job interview after college. I am writing to warn others against this man. He is a crook and he never give a job, instead he abuses any woman that he sees. He rape, and assault them, like he did to me.
Not only that, but he has also raped many underage girls in Central America, he showed me all those videos. Yes, he is making money here from your money because you eat there, then he violates human rights in developing countries. He told me all his rape stories on how he pays mother of girls’ money for sex to their young daughters. He said that he pays the mother of teenage girls $2000 and then his other friend takes the girls to the clinic to make she the girl is virgin. He uses many different methods of trapping these little girls. The part that makes me wonder, right here in Virginia, Mclean where the rules are tougher on these things, he violates human rights. Poor Spanish ladies that work for him, not only work, but exchange sex as well to save their jobs. Unbelievable. In his restaurant, all of them are like a gang. They hire illegal immigrant for less pay mid night very low wage. I thought, it violates humans’ rights. Mr. Sobh uses drugs to make girls unconscious, he has being doing that in the past 50 years, he said his wife was doing this for him. His wife would invite his friends’ home for food, and she would put drug in their food, once unconscious , Mr. Sobh would have sex with them. He said his wife loved him a lot, and she would do all this to keep him happy.
Yes, becoming naïve and innocent has a limit, but when out of college, I had no idea about people ‘s intention. I was easily trusting people. When Mrs. Sobh’s mother died, he asked for monetary help. I thought he needs money, so I gave him all my life saving. I never saw that money again. He took every penny I had and run to Iran. I asked for my money several times, he declined.
Not only that, he watches all people that come to his restaurant and then he knows them and if he likes a woman, he traps her for free food. So pretty girls be careful that he is watching you.
His brother whose name is Majid was following to my car whenever I was going to eat there. I was so naïve that thought of him as a gentle man until one day he hugged me and touched my butt. He has a wife, Roya who is following the same rule as Mrs. Sobh’s wife did 50 years back. She traps women and then abuses and assault them. She me trapped with his fake promises, so I was going to the restaurant often, I had no idea that she does this to make his husband happy. Then she became abusive.
Majid has a son whose name is Ali Reza, he verbally abused me on several occasions, I thought, I will get job, so I staid quiet. And he kissed me too forcefully.
This is the story of my first job right out of college. I thought to share with other girls to be careful, because the moment will pass, but the scars remain for life.

Baklava

Awful

1/19/2021

An Italian chowhound from Vienna, VA tried Olive Garden.

1/07/2021

A Persian food lover from Fairfax, VA tried Shamshiry.

6/12/2020

A Middle Eastern chowhound from Falls Church, VA tried Rose Restaurant.

5/17/2020

A dining patron from Hayward, CA tried Chesapeake Bay Seafood House.

5/02/2020

A diner from A1 tried Greek Grill.

2/27/2020

A diner from Mclean, VA tried Tycon Cafeteria, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food is delicious!!
2/16/2020

A Persian chowhound from Mclean, VA tried Shamshiry.

12/30/2019

A diner from Vienna, VA tried Wu's Garden Restaurant.

12/06/2019

An Italian food lover from Sierra Vista, AZ tried That's Amore, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Best food I ever had
Cons
Nothing
12/03/2019

An Australian chowhound from Vienna, VA tried Outback Steakhouse.

Persian Good for groups Cheap Eats
skinnycrackerjoe

Vienna, VA
0 useful

Shamshiry  Restaurant Reviews

Shamshiry is located near the cities of Fairfax County, Wolf Trap, Tysons Corner, Tysons, and Dhs.
People found this by searching for: Shamshiri Restaurant Va, Shamshiri Tysons Va, Shamshiri Va, Shamshiri Tysons Menu, Shamshiri Tysons, Shamshiri Vienna Va, Http://Webmail.Shamshiry.Com, and Shamshiri Restaurant Virginia.