Shanahan's Steakhouse

Neighborhoods: Hampden South
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Lunch, Japanese

Shanahan's Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Lunch, and Japanese restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Decor, great waiter"
Cons
"All food mediocre at best. Tasteless. Much better filet at Outback. Potatoes pre cooked and reheated, broccoli same, steak grey and tasted more like liver. Papadeaux across the road is always 5* even if it is a chain. "
Comments
"Go to del Friscos"

Not all it was hyped up to be

My husband and I eat out frequently and enjoy sampling the new up and coming restaurants in the cities we visit. I had high expectations of our dinner at Shanahans the other evening but, sadly, we both came away disappointed. I had the bone-in filet – and while the meat was tender, I found it to be tasteless. There are much better steaks to be had in the Denver area! The side of macaroni and cheese that a friend had was dry, chewy and she sent it back. The creamed corn was good, but not exceptional. The setting is pleasant, though a little loud; our waiter was attentive and professional. The bar is elegant and comfortable, but the margarita I ordered tasted like the Kool-aid from my youth and, as it turned out, the bartender had forgotten to add the tequila. There are just too many other fine restaurants out there to give this place more than one shot. We won’t be back.

bone in filet

jessicah001 photo

jessicah001

Greenwood Village, CO

Absolutely amazing!

My husband and I are avid diners, and this is absolutely the best dining experience we have had in a long time. With all new steakhouses, there are always going to be kinks that need to be worked out, and I’m sure that the other reviewer happened to dine there on one of their opening nights. But from what I saw, they have worked through whatever was wrong, and perfected it. The service was outstanding, everyone was knowledgeable and attentive. The food came out hot and was out of this world. We did have to wait for about fifteen minutes for our reservation, but they bought us some drinks at the bar while we waited. And it was well worth the wait. I highly recommend visiting the best, and not to mention the most anticipated, new restaurant in Denver.

bone in filet

flavorful and extremely tender

Scallops

Best scallops I have ever tasted, bar none!!

s_sandoval photo

s_sandoval

Perfect

Del Friscos set the standard, and Shanahan’s has met that standard. Definitely one of the best steak house restaurants I have been to in Denver for a while. Great atmosphere; and the food and service were both excellent – exactly what you would expect for this type of restaurant. It is expensive, but well worth it.

Steak (8 oz filet)

Butter soft filet. One of the best I have ever had.

JuliusCeaser3rd photo

JuliusCeaser3rd

I just don't get it

While the ambience is very enjoyable, the food leaves much to be desired. The whole reason to spend over 400 dollars on 2 people mind you is to enjoy a top notch meal that would be worth remembering. Well….I’d recommend going to another place if you would like to cherish these so called memories. I recommend Texas Roadhouse if you would like a really nice steak, nevermind the ambience…you can’t savor the ambience. Sorry Shanahan’s but I will not be returning. There is much better food I can get with my hard earned money for 1/2 the price too.

Steak (8 oz filet)

Overdone and under seasoned…I can do better on my BBQ grill.

tech photo

tech

Shanahan's Prime Steak and Seafood

Undoubtedly the finest new restaurant in Denver Colorado. Elegant warm and friendly with a supporting staff that is beyond the finest in the West. You will never go wrong when you select Shanahan’s.
The telephone number for reservations in the ad is incorrect so be sure to call 303-770-7300 for reservations.

Salmon

Wonderful

August 5, 2011

Luxurious, Huge Fire Place, Large Energetic Bar

Been to steak restaurants all over the world. Been to Shanahan's once and it was really good. The bar is round so you can see the entire restaurant, and full of upscale energy. Tried to dine here 2-3 times before and it was too packed for…

Steakhouse Good For Kids Parking

Shanahan's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

• 9/13/2014 A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Decor, great waiter
    Cons
    Comments
    Go to del Friscos
  • 12/15/2013 A diner from Golden, CO tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Shanahan's Steakhouse is located near the cities of Alamo Placita and Glendale.
People found this by searching for: Shanahan's Steakhouse Denver, Shanahan's Menu, Shanahans Restaurant Denver, Shanahan's Restaurant Denver Tech Center, Shanahan's Restaurant, Shanahan's Restaurant Denver, Shanahans Steak House Denver, and Interior Design Shanahan Restaurant Denver Colorado.