Shorty's Bar-B-Q

Cuisine: Barbecue, Kid's Menu, Breakfast

Shorty's Bar-B-Q is a Barbecue, Kid's Menu, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 6/28/2017

Davegarcia tried it.

DaveGarcia photo

DaveGarcia

Miami, FL

The Star at Shorty’s is their slow cooked baby back ribs

SOUTH MIAMI, FL. – One the last American-style, western-theme restaurants in the city, Shorty’s BBQ continues to spice the palates of locals and travelers alike. I had 48-hours left in Miami and I couldn’t leave without tasting that famous homemade BBQ sauce of theirs.

I went cruising down South Dixie Highway at high noon, when I saw their iconic flagship store with its bright red neon lights that read “SHORTY’S.” Just then, I flashed back in time. Edward Louis “Shorty” Allen, who started the business back in 1951 from a barbecue stand, passed away in 2013 at the age of 104 (Woah!) But he left a legacy that it is unique to South Florida and its community.

I parked my car, went in and sat down.

“I’ll have the beef brisket, ma’am – with ice tea” I said. When I tried it was a bit heavy on the pepper seasoning, but overall an excellent choice.

Aside from their nostalgic décor, the true star of the restaurant is their slow cooked baby back ribs with that famous sauce only found at Shorty’s. Other items on the menu include the beef spare ribs, chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, brisket, and of course their delicious coleslaw which is always chock full of celery salt which gives it a great tasted and creaminess at the same time. The corn on the cob is sweet, perfectly cooked and drenched in butter – the way it’s meant to be eaten. And a small side or BBQ baked beans makes this dish complete.

#ShortysBBQSouthMiami #bbqpit #pork #chicken #beef #bbqrestaurant #westernrestaurant #miamirestaurant #americanrestaurantsinmiami #foodnearme #likealocal #localguides

9091. Brisket Plate

Barbecue Kid's Menu Takeout

Shorty's Bar-B-Q  Restaurant Reviews

Shorty's Bar-B-Q is located near the cities of Brickell, Little Havana, Pequena Habana, Allapattah, and Miami Dade County.