84 Pleasant St
Northampton, MA 01060-3909

Siam Square

Cuisine: Thai, Lunch, Pan Asian

• 6/04/2015

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

annie photo

annie

Chicago, IL

Great Thai Food - With Consequences.

Siam Square does not have a whole lot of personality, and the waitstaff is a little clumsy. If it were running for Miss America, it would lose. The decor is lots of wood, and then a little more wood.
We were seated, sat for 2 or 3 minutes without menus, and then approached by a server who said, “Did you already order?” Nope. (This was a little strange, as there are only about 15 tables in the whole place, and when we were seated, there were only about three tables with diners.) She apologetically gave us menus.

We got the vegetarian sampler platter for an appetizer (from a separate menu with no prices listed) and I got a mild Massaman curry.

The sampler platter was, on the whole, pretty medicore. Everything was really deep-fried and that sort of masked the flavor. If there was any flavor.

But the Massaman curry with tofu was fabulous and was absolutely a 5-star dish. With potatoes, onions, carrots, and roasted peanuts in a light peanut sauce, I was scraping my plate. It was served with a sticky white rice that was cooked beautifully – you had to peel off layers of the rice like you were peeling an orange. A lot of fun.

And then we got the bill.
Please bear with me, I’m a poor college student.
The vegetarian platter turned out to be over $10 for fried finger foods for two people. Not totally outrageous, but I definitely wouldn’t have ordered it if I had been told the price. Okay, I should’ve asked, but most of the entrees on the menu weren’t even $10! So how was I supposed to guess?
Worse, I got charged $2 for the rice I received with my curry. When I ordered the curry, the server just said, “And what kind of rice would you like with that?” and gave no indication that it would be extra. I mean, it’s a curry – what am I supposed to do if I don’t get the rice, pick up the dish and drink the peanut sauce?

So it’s not that the two dollars are a big deal – I just felt that, between the appetizer menu with the prices mysteriously missing and the hidden fees in the curry dish, the pricing was a little shady.

Also, we were given the bum’s rush within minutes of finishing our meal, with waitresses coming by and simultaneously picking up each dish and eyeing the bill, despite the fact that a good 1/3 of the tables were still open and it was only 7:30 PM.

In conclusion, I’d say get your food to go and be prepared for a few, uh, additions to your bill.

Massaman Curry with Tofu

Tofu, potatoes, onions, carrots and roasted peanuts in a light peanut sauce. Sticky rice was perfect with it. The whole menu is very vegetarian-friendly and they’re willing to make the dishes hot, mild, or somewhere in between. Hooray!

Thai Parking Dinner

Siam Square  Restaurant Reviews

Siam Square is located near the cities of Bay State Village, Florence, Firenze, Hadley, and Leeds.
People found this by searching for: Delivery Ma Northampton Menu, Thai Delivery Northampton Ma, Siam Square Northampton Ma, Siam Square Northampton, Siam Square Northampton Menu, Does Siam Suqare Northampton Deliver?, and Northampton Siam Square Menu.