Sila Italian Dining & Pizza

Neighborhoods: Downtown Berkley
Cuisine: Pizza, Italian, Catering

Sila Italian Dining & Pizza is a Pizza, Italian, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"I found the staff very friendly. I have been going there for at least 25 years and never been disappointed"
"Amazing food and a lot of it! Very good little dive restaurant. "
"Food is always delicious and the bread is super tasty. If you want authentic home made Italian food, I recommend this place!"
"Lasagna"
"Food was excellent"
"good pizza"
"Old school Italian, especially the authentic style pizza!"
"Food and service been going here for almost 25 yrs the food still taste the same great!"
"Love the food. I get treated well every time it go there"
"Whole wheat linguini!"
Cons
"Food"
"Ambiance, professionalism of staff is terrible "
"The resturant hasnt been updated in more than 25 yrs"
cammcb photo

cammcb

Berkley, MI

Variable experiences

I have been eating at Sila’s on and off for 30 years. I have had y fair share of bad food, but I have had outstanding meals also. Staff response varies mostly due to overhearing negative staff comments near the door. It would seem if the staff is unhappy, the dining experience may also be subpar.

I have not had a pizza that I would ever complain about, same for all lasagnas. I have been disappointed by other options, and have stopped ordering other choices.

My worst experience at Sila’s was asking for a cup of coffee, and being brought a chipped mug that read “Grandpa”, when I consider myself a reasonable appearing, middle aged woman. This left me feeling like an unwelcome guest. This occurred in the last year, and there have also been other dishware that I have been served on that was chipped, for which the concern of lead leaching from the dishware was a concern.

We mostly now order Pizza to be picked up to avoid the negative dining experience of eating in.

I cannot say that the quality of the experience has changed for the worse or improved at all over 30 years, but I keep returning hoping for a better experience.

Silas Special Pizza

Pizza is always good here.

powwowgal photo

powwowgal

Southfield, MI

Greek Salad WITHOUT FETA...what the heck?

So I placed a $35 order including a large Greek Salad only to find out that I got a large container of iceberg lettuce with a few toppings…AND it was missing one of the MOST important ingredients…FETA! I called to request some compensation. First, it was suggested that I could not have possibly gotten a salad without feta since all their Greek salads have feta on it. Then I was told I was too late calling! (since I ate my pizza before calling. Then I was told that I should’ve driven back to the restaurant to get my feta AND there was NOTHING they could do to help me. NOT customer oriented….I was in the service business and one of the creeds is that the “customer is always right.” Too bad you just lost a repeat customer over a few dollars! They finally agreed to a $5 credit, after I insisted on talking to the manager. However, I am not planning on returning to get my credit…not worth returning!!

Greek Salad

The large Greek Salad was a large container of iceberg lettuce with a FEW toppings…AND it was missing one of the MOST important ingredients…FETA! The olives were REGULAR black olives (not Kalamata) and a few green olives. In addition, the PEPPERCINI"S were OLD (woody texture) that I couldn’t chew them and picked them out of my salad.

Family photo

Family

Southfield, MI

Final Straw. So dissapointed for the last time.

I have visited Silas over the past 5 years and all I can say is that they have gotten worse and worse with every visit. This time around is and will be my final visit to the Pizzeria. The food has slowly gotten worse compared to the first time I was introduced to Silas, now the worst part is the staff. The waitresses are rude and unprofessional. The manager simply put is a rude lady. Never will I eat here again. Never will I suggest to friends and family to eat here again. Silas you have lost a solid costumer and many others.

Party

Pizza

Photo by redpeyton Pizza is a food so beloved in the U.S. it seems like it’s been around forever, but there are some immediate clues that pizza as we know it today is a relatively new invention. ... read more

Delivery Pizza Italian
Sun 12:00AM - 12:30AM

Sila Italian Dining & Pizza  Restaurant Reviews

• 5/08/2016 A diner from Southfield, MI tried it.

• 5/07/2016 A diner from Royal Oak, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/30/2015 A diner from Farmington, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 6/14/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 6/02/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/23/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 4/09/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Lasagna
    Cons
  • 3/12/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/06/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/21/2015 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Sila Italian Dining & Pizza is located near the cities of Huntington Woods, Lathrup Village, Royal Oak, Beverly Hills, and Southfield.
People found this by searching for: Sila Berkley Mi Menu, Silas Restaurant Berkley Michigan, Sila's Berkley Menu, Sila Italian Dining, Sila's Berkley Mi, Sila Restaurant Berkley Mi, and Sila Italian Dining & Pizza Berkley Mi.