Simple Cafe Milwaukee

Neighborhoods: Lower East Side
Cuisine: Cafe, Sandwiches, Soups

Simple Cafe Milwaukee is a Cafe, Sandwiches, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The food is delicious, the servers are attentive (though I've never visited during a high traffic time), and if you bring a travel mug they'll fill it before you walk out the door. "
  • 10/02/2016

A Cafe chowhound from US tried it and liked it.

• 12/28/2015

A Cafe chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/18/2015

A Cafe chowhound from Waukesha, WI tried it.

• 6/08/2015

• 5/03/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/09/2015

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/15/2014

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 5/24/2014

A Cafe chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/28/2014

bwrighterbee photo

bwrighterbee

Tasty, simple meals

I enjoyed both meals I have eaten at Simple Cafe. The first time I visited I ordered take away on a whim as I was in the neighborhood and drove by. They have their own parking lot so it was an easy place to run in and out of. I ordered two different type of omelets and they were both very tasty. The service was prompt and courteous and the only down side I saw was that it was a bit pricey.

The second time I visited I dined alone at the counter for lunch. I was very pleased with the Korean tacos and how quickly they served me since I was in a bit of a rush,

Both times I visited during lunch and had no problem getting prompt, friendly service. The menu is fairly diverse and the establishment was very clean and tidy.

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

A definite favorite

My expectations were high for the Simple Cafe and I was not disappointed. We attended with a group of eight; the service was on time and friendly, the food impeccable and the entire experience well worth a return trip. This will be a staple in Milwaukee for a long time.

Simple Buttermilk Pancakes

The Buttermilk Pancakes hit the spot. There were other tempting items on the menu but I was more than happy with my choice. The pancakes were filling enough to hold me through the day but not so sweet or sugar-laden that they dragged me down. My coffee cup was always full. Great job, Simple Cafe!

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

They practice what they preach

Alright… I am giving Simple Cafe such a high rating because they actually practice what they preach. They don’t just say they believe in sustainability, they live it. In addition to the obvious (recycling, composting, etc), they use rainwater for their gardens; reuse a previously discarded building at all of their locations; reuse discarded lumber in the construction of their restaurant and furniture; and strongly encourage all of their employees to walk or bicycle to work.

I felt guilty just driving to this place!

Eggs Sardou

I think it was the “Creole Hollandaise” that got me. Unfortunately, this dish was overwhelmingly unexciting.

Alem Ethiopian Village

Italian in Bay View

Cafe Centraal

American in Bay View

5/22/2018

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried Dino's Pizza Restaurant in Town of Lake, liked it, and rated it . They liked the ambiance.

5/21/2018

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried Bellis Bistro & Spirits and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Ordered a Manhattan. Looked ok, tasted like water. $10.00. Had the Bellis burger. $12.00 It was a dry frozen pattie and did not come the way I ordered it. Wait for service was excruciatingly long and our server was not especially congenial. Two peopl
Cons
Slow service, ho hum food, bad pour on the liquor. Expensive considering all of the above.
5/20/2018

A Subs chowhound from New Berlin, WI tried Firehouse Subs and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/20/2018

A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried Benny's Pizza in Lincoln Village. They liked the food and liked the service.

5/19/2018

An American chowhound from Minneapolis, MN tried Judy's Vienna Red Hots in Riverwest.

5/15/2018

A food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried McDonald's and liked it. They liked the food and didn't like the ambiance.

5/14/2018

An American chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried Gene's Supper Club in Capitol Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food and liked the service.

5/14/2018

A diner from Lake Geneva, WI tried Pizza Hut.

5/12/2018

A food lover from Milwaukee, WI tried Bellis Bistro & Spirits, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food.

Pros
Can not wait to go back!!!
5/10/2018

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried Redd's Snapper Seafoods II in Sherman Park.

Cafe Sandwiches Soups

Simple Cafe Milwaukee  Restaurant Reviews

Simple Cafe Milwaukee is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Simple Restaurant Milwaukee, The Simple Restaurant Milwaukee, Simple Cafe Menu Milwaukee, Simple Cafe Milwaukee Menu, Simple Cafe Milwaukee Farwell, Simple Cafe Milwaukee, and Simple Restaurant In Milwaukee.