Simple Cafe Milwaukee

Neighborhoods: Lower East Side
Cuisine: Cafe, Sandwiches, Soups

Simple Cafe Milwaukee is a Cafe, Sandwiches, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"The food is delicious, the servers are attentive (though I've never visited during a high traffic time), and if you bring a travel mug they'll fill it before you walk out the door. "
  • 10/02/2016

A Cafe food lover from US tried it and liked it.

• 12/28/2015

A dining patron from Milwaukee, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 10/18/2015

A Cafe food lover from Waukesha, WI tried it.

• 6/08/2015

A Cafe food lover from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/03/2015

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/09/2015

A Cafe chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 6/15/2014

A Cafe food lover from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 5/24/2014

A Cafe chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/28/2014

Sandwich-300x200

bwrighterbee photo

bwrighterbee

Tasty, simple meals

I enjoyed both meals I have eaten at Simple Cafe. The first time I visited I ordered take away on a whim as I was in the neighborhood and drove by. They have their own parking lot so it was an easy place to run in and out of. I ordered two different type of omelets and they were both very tasty. The service was prompt and courteous and the only down side I saw was that it was a bit pricey.

The second time I visited I dined alone at the counter for lunch. I was very pleased with the Korean tacos and how quickly they served me since I was in a bit of a rush,

Both times I visited during lunch and had no problem getting prompt, friendly service. The menu is fairly diverse and the establishment was very clean and tidy.

Pavlovshuman photo

Pavlovshuman

A definite favorite

My expectations were high for the Simple Cafe and I was not disappointed. We attended with a group of eight; the service was on time and friendly, the food impeccable and the entire experience well worth a return trip. This will be a staple in Milwaukee for a long time.

Simple Buttermilk Pancakes

The Buttermilk Pancakes hit the spot. There were other tempting items on the menu but I was more than happy with my choice. The pancakes were filling enough to hold me through the day but not so sweet or sugar-laden that they dragged me down. My coffee cup was always full. Great job, Simple Cafe!

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

They practice what they preach

Alright… I am giving Simple Cafe such a high rating because they actually practice what they preach. They don’t just say they believe in sustainability, they live it. In addition to the obvious (recycling, composting, etc), they use rainwater for their gardens; reuse a previously discarded building at all of their locations; reuse discarded lumber in the construction of their restaurant and furniture; and strongly encourage all of their employees to walk or bicycle to work.

I felt guilty just driving to this place!

Eggs Sardou

I think it was the “Creole Hollandaise” that got me. Unfortunately, this dish was overwhelmingly unexciting.

Alem Ethiopian Village

Italian in Bay View

Cafe Centraal

American in Bay View

12/17/2017

A diner from Atlanta, GA tried Judy's Vienna Red Hots in Uptown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/14/2017

A dining patron from Minneapolis, MN tried A Touch of Hunan in Menomonee River Hills, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

12/14/2017

A dining patron from Minneapolis, MN tried Yick Inn in Fairfield, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/12/2017

A dining patron from Brookfield, WI tried Jalisco Restaurant in Walker's Point.

12/10/2017

A Sandwiches chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried Chicago Sub in Roosevelt Grove, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

12/10/2017

A dining patron from Mukwonago, WI tried Champion Chicken in St. Aemilian's.

12/10/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried Oriental Coast in Lower East Side, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/09/2017

A diner from Minneapolis, MN tried Tony's in Old North Milwaukee.

12/09/2017

An American chowhound from Milwaukee, WI tried Jo's Cafe in Old North Milwaukee.

12/04/2017

A Sandwiches food lover from US tried Chicago Sub in Roosevelt Grove.

Cafe Sandwiches Soups
Shah Jee's Restaurant

Indian in Juneau Town

Simple Cafe Milwaukee  Restaurant Reviews

Simple Cafe Milwaukee is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Simple Restaurant Milwaukee, Simple Restaurant In Milwaukee, Simple Cafe Milwaukee Menu, Simple Cafe Milwaukee Farwell, The Simple Restaurant Milwaukee, Simple Cafe Menu Milwaukee, and Simple Cafe Milwaukee.