24 Great Neck Rd
Great Neck, NY 11021

Simply Fondue @ Great Neck

Cuisine: Fondue, Romantic, Gluten Free

Simply Fondue @ Great Neck is a Fondue, Romantic, and Gluten Free restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"I went to this location with a few friends we had a really good time but we had dinner and desert and im not even going to lie it felt like we was there for 4hrs. It took forever to cook and eat the food. But overall it wad a great experience. "
  • 2/04/2015

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 7/13/2014

A Fondue chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Sharrig photo

Sharrig

Baldwin, NY

Loved it!!

We were tired of the same old food. My husband and I wanted something different. We found the perfect place!! Yes to my surprise it is fondue! Our table was by the kitchen door, couldn’t get much closer in fact. We kind of felt like they tucked us in the back and that we would be overlooked but to my surprise and pleasure they didn’t forget us at all. We were waited on attentively by our waiter Jason and other staff who happened by to check on us. Sitting as close to the kitchen as we were I thought there would be a lot of noise but to tell the truth it wasn’t enough to be of any distraction. The atmosphere was wonderful simple and elegant. The music was just the right volume and the booths give you tons of privacy. Most of all the food was to die for!! Everything from the salad to desert! We had the Lobster Extravaganza even with its high price it was well worth it! Each course was better then the one before it! I have to say I wasn’t looking forward to “cooking” my own meal however, that’s what made our experience so wonderful! Being able to taste a variety of food and not being rushed to finish was priceless. I think we spent the better part of 3 hours and never once felt rushed. We were able to enjoy 7 verities of meat and seafood. along with raviolis potatoes and mushrooms as our main course. There is lots of food just not a lot of one thing. We were defiantly full and feeling special then came desert. I can’t tell you how wonderful it was!! It’s a chocolate lovers paradise!! If your not a lover of chocolate don’t worry there is something you will love on the menu when it comes to desert. I have never left a restaurant feeling more pampered and important then I did that night. To the staff and Jason our waiter Thanks you made our anniversary incredible! Sharri and Dave

JinaBottle photo

JinaBottle

Livingston, NJ

Amazing Fondue Restaurant

My boyfriend took me out to a new fondue restaurant on a special romantic date. He drove out all the way to Long Island and brought me here to Simply Fondue in Great Neck. I have to say, that after all the fondue restaurants me and my boyfriend have visited, this one was the best one by far. As soon as we were given a table, Jason our waiter was there almost immediately to go over the menu and to help us choose some dishes according to our tastes. He went over some of the favorite dishes of the restaurants and also went over some of the wines that would best complement our meals. We ended up taking the Lobster Extravaganza, which included a regular dinner for two with an added lobster tail, a lobster bisque and a chocolate dessert with a complementary bottle of wine under $30. At these types of restaurants I wasn’t expecting much food, especially when lobster was concerned but I was surely proven wrong when the platter came out. While Jason was going over some of the best cooking methods for each one of the meats provided, my boyfriend and I were amazed by how huge the lobster tail was. It was enormous! Not only that, but the other meats that we had chosen were just as scrumptious and filling as well. I had never had an experience quite like this one. It’s so good that I have to write this review and get this out there to everyone who loves fondue. The dessert was just as amazing, with chocolate, fruit, marshmallows, brownies, rice krispie treats and more. I was so satisfied with the meal that by the end of it we left a huge tip for our waiter Jason. The service was kind, friendly and timely. We never felt like we were being neglected. Thank you Simply Fondue and our amazing waiter Jason for making our romantic date an even better experience!

frances1 photo

frances1

Great Neck, NY

great service and food, horrible manager

great waitstaff and amazing food but there is a manager there. a male manager who is loud and obnoxious he came to a couple of our tables and he is so irritating. he walks around and has a loud and annoying voice. He talks very rudely to the wait staff even though they do an excellent job. try to go in during a time he is not there. everything else is fantastic.

CHOCOLATE CONFUSION

shirazhound photo

shirazhound

Whitestone, NY

Not Your Mom's Fondue!

This restaurant has a very cool, swanky decor——- lots of candles everywhere!!
We were not sure what to expect since we have never eaten at a Fondue Restaurant before.
We had the suggested four course meal: Pot of Cheese, Salad, Entree and the chocolate. Not only was it delicious but we had a lot of fun dipping etc.., very pleasant service and atmosphere, Great time!

Uma13 photo

Uma13

Queens, NY

Horrible Dinning Experance

We had reservations at 5:30 … we left at 9:30. The food itself wasn’t horrible but the service was. It took an hour to get a glass of water. The waitress said that they were understaffed but still … an hour for water? We were still waiting for our third course (chocolate and fruit) when we asked the manager for the check – paid- and left. I know there is another Simply Fondue in Queens. I’m going to go to that one. I heard its the same food with much better service.

sunnie217 photo

sunnie217

New York, NY

i would sue if i could

The place was nice, ambience was okay. We were greeted at the door by our waitress, PAM. She sat us down, gave us our menus, and explained the dining experience to us. So far, so good. She takes our orders, and after a minute or so comes back to ask us if we have any coupons. My bf and I went to try this place because we had a groupon, and as soon as I gave her the coupon, that was it. She was SNOTTY, and CONDESCENDING. She tried to rush us through our dinner, messed up our orders, and talked down to us. She was as rude as one can be without dropping any curses. Needless to say, DO NOT SIT WITH PAM. P-A-M. Shes a lady in her 50’s, blond hair, and I think she wore glasses.

Oh, and btw, she automatically tipped herself 18% on the check. I just signed the check since she decided to tip herself… I came home a couple days later and saw that she charged more than 100% of the bill as tip! I’m calling the restaurant and my bank to correct this.

hunter47 photo

hunter47

Bayside, NY

very good concept great location and decoration, good staff

Last night we were there great Saturday night Restaurant. Great service beautiful decoration very romantic delicious cheese and food. Nice place to come back.

CHOCOLATE CONFUSION

hluisi photo

hluisi

Hauppauge, NY

Simply Horrible!

This was the worst dinning experience I have EVER had! We had an 8:30 reservation, were seated by 8:40, and yet walked out at 11:30 pm unfed. The idea of the restaurant was cute, you order a bunch of food and cook it yourself. The only problem was the food never came… since it was a price fixed menu we ordered everything in one shot. First course was salad, which to the average restaurant goer and home cook sounds fairly easy to prepare… not the case! “Supposedly” they ran out of lettuce. Which I’d believe if the restaurant wasn’t located directly over a supermarket!! But regardless, the salads made there way to the table… So now onto the fun part, the reason we came all the way to Great Neck from Hauppauge—the Fondue! The waiter turned on a built in cooking range in our table and poured some wine into a fondue pot. He said, “I’ll come back to make the fondue when the pot starts steaming”… And after a few minutes, just like he said, the post started steaming… and steaming… and steaming…and steaming… but then it stopped. We sat there with an evaporated pot for at least a half hour before he checked back in on us. Then when he realized all the liquid had burnt up he decided to try again. He poured new wine into the pot and disappeared again. At this point we had already watched numerous tables come and go and I was annoyed, to say the least. And you’re probably thinking it was a busy night, right? WRONG! I’d actually cut them a little slack if they were busy. It was just downright horrible service. Management didn’t even care that we were sitting at the table for three hours with an empty bottle of wine and no food. Don’t restaurants usually want to serve you? Ya know, rack UP the bill?? But anyways, after several complaints, no improvement of service and rumbling bellies we decided to call it a night. I was all for walking out on the bill, but my boyfriend insisted we pay for the little we consumed. In my opinion I should have been paid for my traveling expense, and the three hours of my life I will never get back. Oh and I forgot about the manager. When she took my coat tickets and I gave her the look of death she simple said, “I’m just the hostess. That’s BS!! How many idiots does it take to get UNUNCOOKED food on a table!!

BBelll33 photo

BBelll33

Great Neck, NY

Worst Dining Experience Ever

Worst service, worst quality of food, worst operations, only good part is the decor.

Good Luck if you go there.

Fondue Romantic Online Ordering

Simply Fondue @ Great Neck  Restaurant Reviews

Simply Fondue @ Great Neck is located near the cities of Kensington, Great Neck Plaza, Great Nck Plz, Kings Point, and Thomaston.
People found this by searching for: La Fondu In Great Neck, Fondue Great Neck, Simple Fondue Restaurant, Simply Fondue Long Island, Simply Fondue, Fondu Restaurants In Great Neck Ny, Simply Fondue Great Neck Ny Menu, Simply Fondue Great Neck, and Simply Fondue Great Neck Ny.