25701 Interstate 45 Ste 12
Spring, TX 77380

Sitar Cuisine of India

Neighborhoods: Grogan's Mill
Cuisine: Indian, Catering, Lunch

Sitar Cuisine of India is a Indian, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users tipped less than 15%.

veganheathen photo

veganheathen

Spring, TX

Not Worth It

We used to dine at Sitar once a month. We stopped going because they kept jacking up the prices. The food used to be pretty good, and the service was good, but $15 for indian buffet (especially when you are vegan and only a few items on the menu are edible) is too much. Today I had a hankering for Indian food so I decided to give it another try. I should have known better because every time we went in the past, I always ended up saying “That was our last meal at Sitar”. We arrived at 2:15 and were seated for the buffet. After we got our first plate, the hostess told us they are closing at 2:30. By that time it was 2:20. She could have told us that before we got a plate, or even before we were seated. We knew the lunch buffet ended at 2:30 but expected them to leave the food out while we ate and that they would let us enjoy our meal. The food was cold by this time. They must have turned off the steam tables to prepare for closing. We were scraping the bottom of the containers to get whatever food was left. The salad was crisp, but everything else was old. The rice, which was hard as a rock was refilled, but nothing else. After filling our plate, they began tearing down the buffet without warning. At 2:25 the hostess brought our check (I hadn’t had my first bite) and rudely gestured to us to pay now, reminding us again that they close at 2:30. The food was terrible. We were there for less than 30 minutes and were reminded at least 5 times that they were closing. They began to vacuum around us, and kept banging the vacuum into my seat. They should have told us when we arrived that the buffet was closed, old and we only had a few minutes to eat if we chose to stay. They never said a thing. Of the few items I was able to eat, the only dish that was good was the salad, and I ate it plain (the only dressing offered was dairy). In past, I said I wouldn’t go back to Sitar, but it was mostly because the food gave me a tummy ache (I usually eat mostly raw fruits and veggies). Sometimes I get cravings and I go back, hoping things would be better. The food and service used to be much better. Today was most definitely the LAST time. I can compromise a bit on food, but when I am treated as an unwanted guest, and expected to pay for it, well, you don’t have to tell me twice.

lunch buffet

white rice, salad, lentils, garbanzo beans, naan, vegetable fritters.

rice: good, but has ghee, which is from an animal. the first serving I got was rock hard, then they replenished the dish

salad: fresh, crisp field greens with cucumbers and tomatoes. only one dressing offered (yogurt or something). ate it plain. quite good

lentils: cold, tasted a bit scorched

naan: fine

garbanzo beans :overcooked, mushy, cold

fritters: cold, crumbs, greasy, old

StarFreya photo

StarFreya

Spring, TX

Best Indian Food in the area!

This is my favorite place to eat Indian food!!! They have a buffet for lunch and dinner!

seapoppy photo

seapoppy

The Woodlands, TX

Wonderful Indian

Great Indian restaurant. The buffet is excellent. Fantastic atmosphere.

9/21/2021

A Mexican chowhound from US tried Casa Elena Mexican Restaurante.

9/16/2021

A dining patron from US tried Zoe's Kitchen in Sterling Ridge.

8/21/2021

A Mexican chowhound from Spring, TX tried Casa Elena Mexican Restaurante and liked it.

5/22/2021

A diner from US tried Cheddar's.

5/03/2021

An American chowhound from Irving, TX tried Glass Menagerie in Grogan's Mill.

5/01/2021

A diner from Spring, TX tried Liu's Garden Chinese, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
good food, generous servings, good service
4/26/2021

An American food lover from Dallas, TX tried Glass Menagerie in Grogan's Mill, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
The restaurant was pretty and had great candles and a great chandelier but the wait person didn’t like that my boyfriend at the time was white dining with a black lady such as myself so what does he do? He tells the chef to overcook the lamb to a crisp. I
Cons
They could serve interracial couples with great service and not overcook the lamb.
4/18/2021

A Donuts food lover from Houston, TX tried Shipley Do-Nut Shops in Sawdust.

4/14/2021

A dining patron from Spring, TX tried I-45 Diner, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food and liked the service.

Cons
Ordered the chicken fried chicken—got home it was a flat over cooked piece of jerky. My dogs enjoyed—
Comments
New cook doesn’t cook like one I’ve had in the past—probably won’t be coming there again
3/30/2021

A diner from Spring, TX tried Glass Menagerie in Grogan's Mill.

Indian Good For Kids Parking

Sitar Cuisine of India  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Sitar Cuisine Of India Woodlands Texas, Sitar Restaurant Near Me, Sitar Restaurant Texas, Sitar Indian Restaurant Woodlands T, Indian Restaurants Spring Tx, Sitar Resturant Woodla Nds, and Sitar Indian.