Smallman Street Deli

Neighborhoods: Squirrel Hill South
Cuisine: Deli, Hamburgers, Lunch

Smallman Street Deli is a Deli, Hamburgers, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid less than $10.

cinnachocoholic photo

cinnachocoholic

Orlando, FL

Lots of yummy options

Smallman Street Deli has such a huge menu, you could easily go there every day and get something different. I decided to get a sandwich since it is a deli after all, turkey and cheddar on challah. The prices are reasonable, the service is efficient, and the portions are great. The slices of bread for my sandwich were more than twice as thick as most delis and quite delicious. The decor is also nice with lots of famous photos all over the walls, and the extra large booths are a nice, comfy option for groups. I’d definitely come back here again.

Turkey and Cheddar on Challah

The portion was generous and the food delicious.

June 10, 2009

Best Sandwich in 'Burgh

One of my favorite restaurants in Pittsburgh. I love their corned beef, french fries and matzo ball soup. I wish I could get to this place more often because I have never had a better sandwich anywhere in my life. If you're looking for…
October 8, 2008

Not to pat myself on the back, but I'm a good customer. I tip well, and rarely complain about my food. However, I received pancakes made for what i assume to be expired batter, and only part of my side dishes. The only good thing about…

Peppi's

American in Allegheny West

Sub Med

Deli in Central Business District

7/26/2017

A diner from North Versailles, PA tried Hunan Palace.

7/26/2017

A Salads chowhound from US tried Yinz Guys Pizza, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/26/2017

A Chinese food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried China Star in Greenfield, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
the food is great.I have been enjoying them for a number of years.I hope to continue. The staff is very friendly. Darroyl Gullen
7/25/2017

A Pizza food lover from US tried Eddie's Pizza Haus in Morningside.

7/25/2017

A diner from Philadelphia, PA tried Chopstick House and liked it. They didn't like the food and liked the service.

7/24/2017

A dining patron from New Kensington, PA tried Cafe Du Jour in Southside Flats, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Outdoor patio is wonderful. Food is very good.
Cons
Indoor is problematic due to grease smells and poor exhaust from the open kitchen. Three seasons of the year you leave the restaurant with your clothes smelling like food. It's embarrassing to go to the theater or other enclosed event after dinner there.
Comments
Bring cash and BYOB.
7/24/2017

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Mezza Grill 663 in Mount Lebanon, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/23/2017

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried Menchie's Frozen Yogurt.

7/23/2017

A dining patron from Butler, PA tried Primanti Bros..

7/23/2017

A Chinese chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried Little China in Downtown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Deli Dinner Hamburgers

Steak in South Shore

Braddock's American Brasserie

American in Central Business District

Smallman Street Deli  Restaurant Reviews

Smallman Street Deli is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Smallman Street Deli Squirrel Hill, Smallman Street Deli, Smallman's Deli Pittsburgh, Smallman Street Deli Menu, Smallman Deli Squirrel Hill, Pittsburgh Murray Street 12 Deli, Best Deli In Squirrel Hill, and Smallman Deli Murray Ave.