2716 W Olympic Blvd Ste 104

Neighborhoods: Mid-Wilshire
Cuisine: Korean, Vietnamese, American

pleasurepalate photo

pleasurepalate

The Soon Tofu Soup is Definitely the Highlight!

With Sokongdong right across the street from Beverly Soon Tofu, they make for natural competitors and in my research to find out which tofu houses had the most buzz, both Sokongdong and Beverly Soon Tofu always came up with the most raves. After a stellar dining experience at BST, I was definitely looking forward to making the comparison.

First, a quickie note about the panchan. I like the panchan a little better at BST for more variety and plus I felt that the chili used for the kimchi cabbage and cucumbers seemed just a tad vinegary. Sokongdong is also known for their raw chili crab which was part of the panchan, but there was so little meat that all you were left with was licking the chili sauce off the shell, if you were so inclined. We also ordered dumplings (mandu) and were pretty much underwhelmed. The dumpling skin seemed really thick and the meat filling didn’t seem seasoned enough.

Finally, the soon tofu soups arrived. I ordered the soon tofu soup with beef. I have to say that it was that tofu soup that saved the day. Just like BST, the soup was rich, chock full of flavor with a nice heat to it and the tofu had a nice silkiness to it as well. I can see why people go back and forth between BST and Sokongdong; however, my vote goes to Beverly Soon Tofu. There are just too many more things I like, food-wise and even atmosphere-wise, more at BST than Sokongdong.

Raw Chili Crab at So Kong Dong

Beef Soon Tofu Soup

EddieF photo

EddieF

Redmond, WA

this was an awesome find in LA which we were...

this was an awesome find in LA which we were able to compare with our local favourite tofu house here in Seattle. This one by far was far more authentic and tastier than the one here, although according to Cat, the local one is spicier (which she prefers). We also had raw spicy kimchi crab which was a first for me. The grilled meats were also very good.

PaulaF photo

PaulaF

terrific tofu hot pot

Small, casual place with great food. The one drawback is that the waiters often don’t speak English well, but you can just point at menu.

Thus far, I’ve tried spicy combo tofu hot pot, but I think they gave me the seafood. Either way, it was good – many shrimp and the spicy tofu soup was hearty and filling as always! I’ve also tried the spicy pork bulgogi and beef bulgogi, both of which had excellent flavor, especially considering they were cooked in the kitchen versus in front of you like at other Korean BBQ joints. The spicy pork bulgogi is mixed with onions and red peppers and the beef bulgogi is mixed with onions and mushrooms.

One thing I was so-so on was the spicy raw crab – it was so covered in hot sauce that it covered the flavor of the crab and tasted like regular panchan!

Soondubu

Many shrimp and the spicy tofu soup was hearty and filling as always!

Raw Chili Crab at So Kong Dong

Raw Chili Crab

Olympic Burger & Burrito

American in Mid City

NAK Won House

Jeon Ju Restaurant

Hodori Restaurant

2/21/2020

A diner from Palo Alto, CA tried Senor Taco in Florence-Graham and liked it. They liked the food.

2/20/2020

A diner from Rancho Palos Verdes, CA tried Lemon Moon in West Los Angeles, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/20/2020

A Burgers food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried A-1 Burgers in Leimert Park and liked it.

2/20/2020

A diner from San Diego, CA tried Good Stuff Burgers in West Los Angeles.

2/16/2020

A diner from Basel, 04 tried Matterhorn Chef Restaurant in Van Nuys and liked it.

2/13/2020

A dining patron from US tried Kim's Restaurant in Crenshaw.

2/13/2020

An Italian food lover from FR tried Osteria Romana Orsini in Beverlywood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/13/2020

A Catering chowhound from US tried DOC Magoo (CLOSED) in Downtown.

2/09/2020

An Asian chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Little Beijing in Mid-Wilshire.

2/06/2020

A diner from CA tried Jacob's Cafe in Vernon/Main.

Korean Takeout Good for groups
Sun-Sat 09:30AM - 11:30PM
EddieF

Redmond, WA

So Kong Dong  Restaurant Reviews

So Kong Dong is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: So Kong Dong Restaurant, So Kong Dong Menu, So Dong Kong Menu, So Kong Dong Los Angeles, So Kong Dong, Korean Reeastaurants Nj, and So Kong Dong Los Angeles Menu.