1900 S Meridian Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73108

Sonic

Cuisine: Burgers, Lunch, Fastfood Burger

Sonic is a Burgers, Lunch, and Fastfood Burger restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

Pros
"Really good everything i like the slushes the best"
Cons
"Sometimes slow service"
  • 12/08/2015

A dining patron from Union City, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

GregS18348 photo

GregS18348

Blue Ash, OH

A Good Burger and a Great Dog!

Review a Drive-Thru/Drive-In? Sure – Why not? You can stop in one of the angled slots that line both sides of the restaurant, order from the car height board and get your food delivered by a car-hop on roller skates, or simply drive through, as I did. I hit this place on ½ price Sonic Burger night (Tuesday and Thursdays – at selected Sonics), so one of those had to be on my list. I sat for almost five minutes waiting to order, even though there was only one car in front of me at the drive-thru window. The voice on the speaker apologized for my wait when he finally did get to me, and thankfully, the audio quality of the speaker was great (nothing worse than that “wetbaum to scujhgic, mafle biggins your udder” when they speak to you). I ordered the aforementioned Sonic Burger, a Chicago dog, a medium order of onion rings and a medium order of “Tots”. I then pulled up to the window. After three or four minutes, the window slid open and I paid for my food. Several minutes later, I was asked if I wanted any condiments, asked for ketchup, and got my food. According to the time stamp on the receipt when I placed my order, it took seven minutes and forty-five seconds total to receive my (simple) order. An extraordinarily long time considering that it was only slightly busy, and I was only the only one in line. Almost thirteen minutes from the time I pulled up to the ordering board until I pulled out with my food. At least the staff was friendly and apologized again for the wait.
Four minutes later and the food was unwrapped. The sonic burger was very good, with fresh onion, lettuce and tomato, and a wonderfully soft bun. The meat was well seasoned, but cooked completely through, as is expected for a burger of this type. The Chicago Dog, with mustard, green pickle relish, tomato, sport peppers, and a dash of celery salt, was excellent. The wiener itself had a nice casing and a great “snap” to it. All of this was piled on top of a soft poppy seed bun. Just about the best “fast food” dog I have ever had, and that’s including Nathan’s. The tater tots were hot, but a little undercooked for my taste, as I like them with a bit of a crunch on the outside. These were cooked through, but soft. The onion rings were cooked well enough, but this is something about them that I find to be unique. There is a certain sweetness to them, somewhat reminiscent of cotton candy. I like them, although others I know don’t. Everything was hot, fresh, and well packaged. I had asked for ketchup for the onion rings and tots, and instead of a little packet, I was given a small lidded container full of it. Nice.
Other than the inexplicable wait, this visit reflects what I have come to expect from Sonic: Fresh and hot, well made and high quality food. It’s always a good “Go to” when the need for a take home burger arises. I would highly recommend.

The Sonic Single - 1. Sonic Burger at Sonic

Onion Rings - Onion Rings at Sonic

Onion Rings

Burgers Lunch Fastfood Burger

Sonic  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Sonic Tater Tots, Sonics Food, Sonic Menu Prices Drive Through, Sonic Tator Tots, Picture Of Sonic Tater Tots, Sonic Drive In Tater Tots, and Sonic Tots.