Southern Recipes Cafe

Cuisine: Sandwiches, Lunch, Diner

Southern Recipes Cafe is a Sandwiches, Lunch, and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Cheap and yummy "
"Good southern comfort food!!! Good size portions, reasonable prices, friendly services and family friendly:)"
"Plentiful portions with good taste and better value"
  • 7/08/2015

A Sandwiches food lover from TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 5/31/2015

A Sandwiches food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cheap and yummy
  • 11/23/2014

A Sandwiches chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 2/06/2015

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/03/2014

A Sandwiches chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/13/2014

A diner from Seattle, WA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/11/2014

A Sandwiches food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/28/2013

A Sandwiches chowhound from Laredo, TX tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

barrysgems photo

barrysgems

Dallas, TX

Great Find

Great food at resonable prices. Nice variety of dishes. The blackened chicken is one of my favorites, (choose the Alfredo sauce). Their fish dishes are wonderful, especially with the seafood wine sause (be sure to look on the specials whiteboard as there is usually salmon or trout, grilled or blackened with the seafood wine sause listed). Salad bar has always been fresh.

“No frills decor” means that the food comes first.

I have to run, getting hungry………….

P.S. let’s keep this place our secret………….

onesillygirl photo

onesillygirl

Frisco, TX

Wish I hadn't heard that!

First of all, let me say that I love this place and eat at Southern Recipe at least once if not twice a week. The food is great and service is always good. However, on my most recent visit I have the most unfortunate experience of hearing two servers arguing just inside the kitchen doors. It was embarrassing and uncomfortable for those of us that couldn’t help but hear (I was clear at the front – not even close to the doors). When I mentioned it to my server who was not involved she sighed and said it happened all the time. It bothered me to the point that I called back after I had left because as an owner, I’d want to know if this was going on in my establishment. I was asked to call back in 4 hours because they were too busy to take a message for the owner.

So for the food, I’d give 4.5 stars – go and definitely try it out. But when you factor in the “entertainment” I’d have to bring it down to 3. I may never dine-in there again. I leave my office to get away from the chaos, not to have to listen to someone else’s drama that should have happened far, far, far away from the customers earshot.

Chicken Fried Chicken

Light and tasty breading. Green beans were frozen. I could have skipped those. Yummy gravy. Salad bar is always the bomb.

October 28, 2009

Southern Recipe Cafe

Generous portions, casual family atmosphere, excellent down home cookin'! What more could you ask for. This place is laid-back, and one should really go for breakfast!

5/21/2017

A dining patron from Richardson, TX tried Chien Garden and liked it.

5/13/2017

A Hamburgers chowhound from Irving, TX tried Jack in the Box.

5/13/2017

A dining patron from Richardson, TX tried Polar Chill Shaved Ice in Northrich, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Amazing smooth shaved ice.
5/12/2017

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried House Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Breakfasts
5/11/2017

A diner from US tried Kathys Choice.

5/06/2017

A dining patron from Richardson, TX tried Melones Sports Bar & Restaurant and liked it.

5/04/2017

A chowhound from Plano, TX tried Joy Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/22/2017

A dining patron from US tried Koya's Place, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Amazing food and family atmosphere
Cons
Slow service and lots of waiting.
Comments
Musted make reservations
4/16/2017

A chowhound from Mesquite, TX tried Joy Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

4/12/2017

A diner from Dallas, TX tried Joy Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Sandwiches Lunch Diner

Southern Recipes Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Southern Recipes Cafe is located near the cities of Scott.
People found this by searching for: Southern Recipe Cafe, Southern Recipes Cafe, Southern Recipe Richardson Tx, Southern Recipe Richardson, Souther Recipe Grill Plano Hours, Southern Recipe Cafe Richardson, Southern Recipe Plano Texas, and Southern Recipes Cafe Richardson.