Spinnakers

Cuisine: American, Lunch, Kid's Menu

Spinnakers is a American, Lunch, and Kid's Menu restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Nice view of the lake. "
Cons
"Everything "
Comments
"Don't waste your money. "
khof1999 photo

khof1999

Milwaukee, WI

Seriously...

Seriously! This was the worst dining experience and I can’t imagine that it was a bad night because everything seemed very ordinary to the waitress, who was no shining star.

Meal one: Chicken, apple, wallnut salad. This was iceberg lettuce (immediate bad sign, especially when this salad was 12.00!) served with heaping piles of cheese and there were seeds instead of walnuts on it. the raspberry vinegrette was VERY thick – still can’t figure that out.

Meal two: Steak (ordered cooked to medium) and shrimp special with raspberry vinegrette and twice-baked potato that the waitress touted as excellent. The steak came out brown all the way through and tough and the salad had ranch dressing and a baked potato came to the table instead of twice baked.

Meal three (By far the worst part of everything): Beef tenderloin sandwich with mushrooms/onions and melted cheese that comes with fries. This was ordered but with no bun because the person eating it is gluten free. This order was brought out in a bowl in gravy! None of us could figure out what that was about. When questioned, she had a hard time understanding why he wasn’t happy with what he received and asked what he would like instead. He asked for a hamburger, cooked WELL, and no bun. 15+ minutes later, the waitress came back to the table with the hamburger on a plate with lettuce and tomato with blood running out of it. THEN she asks if he wants a side and he looked at our almost empty plates and says “no”.
There were two other meals at the table and both were not great but fine with the people who ordered them.
When I recieved the check, the original order of tenderloin sandwich was still on it and when I said that I expected not to pay the full price for the burger because it didn’t come with a side she was very confused, saying “he said he didn’t want a side!” I informed her that he didn’t want a side because everyone else was already about done eating and he wasn’t happy with the service – she agreed to fix what I asked for. By the way,the hamburger didn’t get eaten and almost all the plates had plenty of food left on them and she didn’t ask if we wanted to take it home (which we didn’t) and didn’t ask if there was anything wrong – she thought she was funny by asking “so… can I take your money
now?”

I will tell everyone about this place. The prices are too high and I saw on their website / menu that they call themselves gourmet – this food is nothing but junky substitutes for good food, and the prices, I can only imagine, they feel are fair because they have a beautiful spot on the lake and a beautiful restaurant. I will never go back and I intend to spread the word of our experience.

December 21, 2010

Great View, Supper club atmosphere, Bland food

My wife and I dined at Spinnakers a couple of weeks ago. I tried their "Grouper" as they called it and spent plenty on it. The fish was cooked properly but tasted nothing like grouper, it tasted more like a small mouth bass caught from a…
January 14, 2008

Good food, better view

Spinnakers has a great view out over the lake, and the food is pretty good. I would say to go here for the view, and the food is sort of secondary. I've been for lunch, and had a decent sandwich.

American Dinner Lunch

Spinnakers  Restaurant Reviews

• 2/23/2016 A diner from Oconomowoc, WI tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 12/31/2015 A diner from Oconomowoc, WI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/22/2015 A diner from Janesville, WI tried it.

• 8/16/2015 A diner from Kenosha, WI tried it.

• 7/24/2015 A diner from Brookfield, WI tried it.

• 7/09/2015 A diner from Milwaukee, WI tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/12/2015 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 10/05/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 10/03/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/10/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Spinnakers is located near the cities of Okauchee Lake.
People found this by searching for: Spinnaker Oconomowoc, Spinnakers Occonomowoc, Spinnakers Oconomowoc Menu, Spinnakers, Spinnakers Oconomowoc Wi, Spinnakers Oconomowoc, and Spinnakers Restaurant Oconomowoc.