3140 Riverside Dr
Columbus, OH 43221

Spiros

Cuisine: American

Spiros is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Fast and friendly service "
"everything they have there is good"
Cons
"Food was not as fresh as expected, also over priced. 2 regular meals, 2 coffees and 2 waters rang us out at $32. 1 meal was a salad!"
"bringing my mother in law who uses a walker, older lady who I assume is owner seems put out that we have to find a place for walker"
Comments
"If you're not a regular, dont bother. Regulars go there to hangout and chitchat with the simplest appetizers, meaning it isnt meant for dining in long. "
  • 2/04/2019

A diner from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Fast and friendly service
    Comments
  • 4/09/2018

An American food lover from Galion, OH tried it.

• 10/22/2018

A diner from Sidney, OH tried it.

• 9/17/2018

A diner from Newark, OH tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/11/2018

An American chowhound from Circleville, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/30/2018

A dining patron from Powell, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    everything they have there is good
  • 3/01/2018

A dining patron from US tried it and liked it.

• 2/02/2018

A diner from Johnstown, CO tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 12/18/2017

An American chowhound from Columbus, OH tried it.

• 12/13/2017

A diner from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

Zelmo photo

Zelmo

Hilliard, OH

Water wih Lemon

Before taking my wife for dinner I checked the Spiros reviews. One review which I thought was unnecessarily negative, centered around one of the owner’s personality and attitude, but it turned out to be exactly the case.

We saw and ordered a Greek wine on the menu and were told they don’t have it anymore, so we opted for water and lemon. This rude old grump, owner I guess, then sat her butt down on top of a nearby table, made a very weird face and barked “Maybe we should rename this place Lemon and Water”. Sounded cynically humorous at first but when she kicked it up a notch and added “I’m not going to make any money with that!”, then there was no misunderstanding. A pleasant and apologizing waitress swiftly inserted herself to take our order.
Not what were were out for this night. ******* So be advised *******.

As for the food, I’ve had breakfast there before with Greek friends, and it was very good. The male owner was very congenial. This was why we were trying it for dinner. My wife’s fish was good, both our salads were tasty, but my Gyro was terrible … of all the things to be bad. Go figure. Should have stayed with ordering their Ruben.

Feel bad for all that is good about that place. After all it is a business and needs customers which is hard to do when you are locking your doors 2 hours early sending 3 couples away and aggravating customers. Insane. We left paying $40 with 20+% sympathetic tip. On our way out Ms. Grumpy was seated at the bar and gave us a saccharin Goodbye. Seriously she needs help. If it were my mom I’d get her butt off the table and put her in a Florida condo. It would be much cheaper.

Gyro and Fish

Talapia was good the Gyro was awful

American

Spiros  Restaurant Reviews

Spiros is located near the cities of Grandview Heights.
People found this by searching for: Spiros Grandview, Spiros Columbus Ohii, Spiros Columbus Ohio Menu, Spiros Columbus Menu, Spiros Columbus Ohio, Spiros Columbus, Spiros Menu Columbus Ohio, and Spiros Plaza Cafe.