Square Cafe

Cuisine: American, Coffee & Tea, Tea

Square Cafe is a American, Coffee & Tea, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 3/27/2014

An American chowhound from Newark, NJ tried it.

QB
momar930 photo

momar930

Lots of hype

I’d been hearing so much about this place, that I was anxious to try it. Not sure what all the hoopla is about, really. It will make you think “diner” when you walk in, and the menu is primarily all breakfast/brunch dishes.

I tried the breakfast burrito, and it was just okay. I got about halfway through and called it quits. Just kind of bland and nothing I couldn’t have done better at home.

The place does get busy, so maybe I need to try another option and see if it fares an better than the first.

texasmls photo

texasmls

Nummy!

My beau and I found Square Cafe about a year after moving here. It is another of those restaurants that once you eat there, you keep coming back every weekend. That is just what we did. Their specials are always tempting and the atmosphere just can’t be beat. Be prepared to wait if you come during peak hours – they shut down around 3ish. It’s an awesome place to bring your dog to brunch with you on warm sunny days as most of the neighborhood does. They believe in fresh ingredients and it is reflected in the food. It always looks as good as it tastes.

Green Eggs and Ham

This tasty dish is a crowd pleaser. The green of the green eggs comes from fresh pesto mixed with some tasty cheese. The ham is no small piece either. An all together treat Seuss would love.

Nase photo

Nase

Not Just for Squares

It was the name that did it. I’m a true sucker for marketing strategies. Put your product in a pretty shaped container and I’m all for it. Give you product a unique name, and I’m your customer. That’s what happened with Square Café’s dish, Hopple Popple. It could have very well been made with entrails, and I would likely have still ordered it. Perhaps popple reminded me too much of my favorite childhood toy. And as I started reminiscing on my old loveable purple plush animal, that could be folded into a ball and then, like magic, Pop out again, I decided it was worth trying the meal that was deemed special enough to hold the name Popple.
The Popple was very similar in style to an omelet without the fluffiness. It was filled with diced potatoes, cheese, ham, peppers, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Even with all those ingredients I felt it was missing something. Rosemary would have added just the right twist of savoriness need to make hopple popple truly pop!
Still I enjoyed the atmosphere of Square Café. Our waiter was patient and polite even when extra guests showed up at later times.
One thing that I honestly enjoyed was the plate and glassware. The color and styles were fanciful and bright. Square Café is definitely on my list for a return visit.

I give them 4 menus

Hopple Popple at Square Cafe

Hopple Popple

Seviche

Latin in Central Business District

Sonoma Grille

California in Central Business District

10/18/2017

A diner from US tried Ritter's Diner Restaurant in Bloomfield, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

10/14/2017

A Diner chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried Ferris Wheel in Carrick.

10/13/2017

An Italian food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Cafe Milano in Downtown.

10/13/2017

An American chowhound from Carnegie, PA tried Armand's Bar in Bloomfield, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Only issue I have at this moment is..what time does the kitchen close?
10/12/2017

A Bakery & Pastries food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Panera Bread.

10/11/2017

A dining patron from US tried Oak Hill Market in Terrace Village and liked it.

10/11/2017

An Italian food lover from Pittsburgh, PA tried Antonini's Restaurant.

10/10/2017

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried NOX'S TAVERN AND GRILLE, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/08/2017

A dining patron from US tried Italian Village Pizza in Carrick, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/07/2017

A Pub Food food lover from Monroeville, PA tried Loose Moose, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

American Takeout Coffee & Tea
Milano's

Pizza in Oakland

Sakura Teppanyaki & Sushi

Japanese in Squirrel Hill South

Square Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Square Cafe is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Square Cafe Menu Pittsburgh, Square Cafe, Square Cafe In Regent Square, Square D Cafe Pittsburgh, Square Cafe In Pittsburg, Square Cafe Pitsburgh Hours, Square Cafe Pittsburgh, and Square Cafe Pittsburgh Menu.