Square Cafe

Cuisine: American, Coffee & Tea, Tea

Square Cafe is a American, Coffee & Tea, and Tea restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 3/27/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

QB
    Espresso-300x200

Half-caf, triple shot, no-foam latte. What the heck does that mean? It’s not as complicated as it sounds once you know how to break it down. Most coffee drinks are some combination of espresso and ...read more

momar930 photo

momar930

Lots of hype

I’d been hearing so much about this place, that I was anxious to try it. Not sure what all the hoopla is about, really. It will make you think “diner” when you walk in, and the menu is primarily all breakfast/brunch dishes.

I tried the breakfast burrito, and it was just okay. I got about halfway through and called it quits. Just kind of bland and nothing I couldn’t have done better at home.

The place does get busy, so maybe I need to try another option and see if it fares an better than the first.

texasmls photo

texasmls

Nummy!

My beau and I found Square Cafe about a year after moving here. It is another of those restaurants that once you eat there, you keep coming back every weekend. That is just what we did. Their specials are always tempting and the atmosphere just can’t be beat. Be prepared to wait if you come during peak hours – they shut down around 3ish. It’s an awesome place to bring your dog to brunch with you on warm sunny days as most of the neighborhood does. They believe in fresh ingredients and it is reflected in the food. It always looks as good as it tastes.

Green Eggs and Ham

This tasty dish is a crowd pleaser. The green of the green eggs comes from fresh pesto mixed with some tasty cheese. The ham is no small piece either. An all together treat Seuss would love.

Nase photo

Nase

Not Just for Squares

It was the name that did it. I’m a true sucker for marketing strategies. Put your product in a pretty shaped container and I’m all for it. Give you product a unique name, and I’m your customer. That’s what happened with Square Café’s dish, Hopple Popple. It could have very well been made with entrails, and I would likely have still ordered it. Perhaps popple reminded me too much of my favorite childhood toy. And as I started reminiscing on my old loveable purple plush animal, that could be folded into a ball and then, like magic, Pop out again, I decided it was worth trying the meal that was deemed special enough to hold the name Popple.
The Popple was very similar in style to an omelet without the fluffiness. It was filled with diced potatoes, cheese, ham, peppers, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. Even with all those ingredients I felt it was missing something. Rosemary would have added just the right twist of savoriness need to make hopple popple truly pop!
Still I enjoyed the atmosphere of Square Café. Our waiter was patient and polite even when extra guests showed up at later times.
One thing that I honestly enjoyed was the plate and glassware. The color and styles were fanciful and bright. Square Café is definitely on my list for a return visit.

I give them 4 menus

Hopple Popple at Square Cafe

Hopple Popple

Seviche

Latin in Central Business District

Sonoma Grille

California in Central Business District

6/23/2017

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Pizza Shack in Brentwood, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
Best pizza
6/23/2017

A diner from Pittsburgh, PA tried Green Front Inn in Southside Flats and liked it.

6/22/2017

A food lover from US tried Kason's Restaurant in Downtown and liked it.

6/22/2017

A dining patron from Philadelphia, PA tried Ferris Wheel in Carrick.

6/21/2017

A Pub Food chowhound from Pittsburgh, PA tried Bobby's Lounge in Brentwood.

6/21/2017

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Ferris Wheel in Carrick, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Good home cooked meals, especially liked the Rueben and Chili. Reasonable prices.
6/20/2017

A Middle Eastern food lover from Louisville, CO tried Family Restaurant in Carrick, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Friendly owners and quick service. Authentic tasting food and prices are reasonable
6/20/2017

A Breakfast chowhound from US tried Dor-stop Restaurant.

6/18/2017

A dining patron from Pittsburgh, PA tried Antoon Pizza in Central Oakland, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/18/2017

A diner from MI tried Long John Silver's.

American Takeout Coffee & Tea

Square Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

Square Cafe is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Square Cafe Pitsburgh Hours, Square Cafe Menu Pittsburgh, Square Cafe In Pittsburg, Square Cafe Pittsburgh, Square Cafe In Regent Square, Square D Cafe Pittsburgh, Square Cafe Pittsburgh Menu, and Square Cafe.