268 State St
Portsmouth, NH 03801

State Street Saloon

Cuisine: American, Wraps, Traditional

State Street Saloon is a American, Wraps, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Chickiesgirl photo

Chickiesgirl

Portsmouth, NH

Damn Good Dogs!!!

I was out in about in beautiful downtown Portsmouth with my husband on a cool November evening. We thought we should try something different for dinner like Green Monkey or Sake. After looking at the menus posted on the outside windows and thinkin’ hmmm… Thursday night it’s a work night “do I really want to spend this much on a small dinner?” So we decided to try State Street Saloon, we had’nt been there for probably fifteen years since our drinking days.

Hot Dogs

Sometimes you just want a grilled dog the way it used to be! these were. Grilled rolls with a snappy skinned dog and fries hand-cut and crispy! Yum. No I wasn’t counting the calories or trans fats this evening because sometimes you just need that old time nostagic taste .
The waitress Vicky was perky and very personable.Sometimes when I am in Portsmouth there is a feeling of snobbiness from some of the waitstaff, some not all… Not here.
They have three huge screens in their dining area if you want to keep up on sports and the news. After consulting with Vicky she assured me the Bloody Mary’s with home made mix were good, they were really good! So when I am in the mood for something sinfully good and I want my comfort food I’ll go back to State Street Saloon. No pretention and it fits your budget!!!

American Wraps Traditional

State Street Saloon  Restaurant Reviews

State Street Saloon is located near the cities of Kittery, New Castle, and Kittery Point.
People found this by searching for: State Street Saloon Portsmouth Menu, State Street Sallon Menu, State Street Saloon Portsmouth Nh, State Street Saloon Portsmouth Nh Menu, State Street Saloon, State Street Saloon Portsmouth, and State Street Saloon Menu.