7230 Woodland Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46278-1734

Steak 'n Shake

Cuisine: Ice Cream, Lunch, Breakfast

Steak 'n Shake is a Ice Cream, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid less than $10.

Pros
"3rd time (out of 7 months)going in to eat today. Walked out after a 20 min wait.Slow service every time I've been there. I only get an hour for lunch. At least act like you want to serve a customer"
Cons
"No service. Waitress's who act like they are doing you a favor. Low quality food."
"We waited to be seated 10min. After seated we were waiting another 5 min for waitres then we just left. "
Comments
"Won't ever visit this location again"
  • 5/18/2016

An Ice Cream food lover from US tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Cons
    Comments
    Won't ever visit this location again
  • 4/16/2016

An Ice Cream chowhound from Indianapolis, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    None
_erica_ photo

_erica_

Columbia, SC

What a disappointment!

When we lived in Indiana years ago, Steak ‘n Shake was one of my favorite fast food joints. Their shakes in particular are typically outstanding, their fries are well-salted, crispy, and thin, and their burgers are juicy (if on the thin side). And generally, their service is quite good, whether dine-in or drive-thru. So when we got hungry on a road trip while passing through Indianapolis, I was happy that Steak ’n Shake popped up on the next exit’s “Food” sign listings.

Unfortunately, this franchise doesn’t really seem to live up to what I’ve generally experienced at other locations. We ordered from the drive-thru, and the employee taking the order seemed really bored and uninterested (or maybe she just really couldn’t hear clearly). She repeated the entire order every time I ordered an additional sandwich, which took a while but did reassure me that even if she seemed spacey, at least our food would be what we wanted.

I didn’t get a receipt after paying, which is pretty poor practice but I did not worry much since I was paying cash. My biggest gripe, though, is that after we’d gotten back on the highway, we realized that one of our burgers was completely wrong, and a side of fries was also in the bag. (I’m fairly sure this wasn’t just a case of mistaken order, since we were literally the only people in the drive-thru.) I am completely baffled how they managed this, since she did diligently repeat my order back at least four times, and the burger I ordered (Wisconsin Buttery, which has grilled onions) is not at all what I got (something with bbq sauce, crispy onions, and bacon). And, since there was no receipt, I don’t know if we were accurately charged, and could potentially have had trouble going back to exchange my food.

We didn’t bother going back to get the correct food, since it would have taken 15 minutes to turn around and get back — and we were already running behind. I don’t recommend this location, although I will also say that I don’t think this is at all representative of Steak ’n Shake service based on my previous experiences.

BBQ Bacon Ranch Steakburger

The bacon was tough, and the sauce combinations were a little unappealing.

Ice Cream Parking Dinner

Steak 'n Shake  Restaurant Reviews

Steak 'n Shake is located near the cities of Belmont.
People found this by searching for: Steak And Shake Woodland Dr Indianapolis Indiana, Steak And Shake Woodlands, Steak N Shake Drive Thru Menu, Steak And Shake Woodland Dr, Steak Amd Shake On Woodland Dr, 7230 Woodland Dr Indianapolis Indiana, 46278, Steak And Shake 7230 Woodland Dr Indianapolis, In 46278 Review, and Menu 7230.