190 Newbury St
Boston, MA 02116

Stephanie's on Newbury

Neighborhoods: Back Bay
Cuisine: Lunch, Private Parties, Late Night

Stephanie's on Newbury is a Lunch, Private Parties, and Late Night restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting.

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Gem in Bostons Back Bay - Stephanie's

With many restaurants to pick from for dinner – we decided on the closest to our hotel. Stephanie’s is a very sophisticated but relaxed atmosphere Turned out to be a great choice. They advertise their menu as “comfort food” — but have certainly taken it up a notch.

Our group ordered a variety of dinners, from pastas, fish, lamb and rib eye — all thought their dinners were top notch. No complaints from the group.

sea scallops

I ordered a starter – ahi tuna tartare
It was tuna and avocado wrapped in a cucumber. The sauce was spicy mayonnaise and wasabi, topped with crispy wontons.

The sea scallops were HUGE. Pan seared to perfection served with pea risotto, carrots and fenel salad.

Both dishes were beautifully served — so appealing to the eye.
Their prices are on the high side but it really is worth the money.

Most of their wines are from California.— by the glass and half bottle which is nice.

I constantly hear bad things about this restaurant, yet I...

I constantly hear bad things about this restaurant, yet I still see crowds standing outside waiting to be seated. So WTH we decided to try it once ourselves. I ordered risotto with duck confit, BF ordered almond crusted sea bass. I found my dish very tasty, and BF couldn’t get more of it. Unfortunately, the food alone was not impressive enough for us to keep coming back. I’m sure I can get much better from many other places. The service was good, very attentive though.

This place is a bit pricey for what you get, but what do you expect if you want to eat in the middle of Newbury Street?

Breakfast/Brunch Dinner Lunch

Asian in South End

Modern Pastry Shop

Bakeries in Central

Stephanie's on Newbury  Restaurant Reviews

Stephanie's on Newbury is located near the cities of North Waltham, , Beacon Hill, Suffolk County, and Mid Cambridge.
People found this by searching for: Stephanie's Bistro Boston, Stepahines On Newbury Gluten Free, Stephanie's On Newbury, Stephanie S On Newbury Brunch Menu, Newbury Gluten Free Restaurant, Stephanie's American Bistro, Stephanies On Newbury Menu, Stephanies On Newbury Street Reviews, and Stephanies Back Bay.