523 E 17th Ave
Denver, CO 80203-1329

Steuben's

Neighborhoods: Uptown
Cuisine: Comfort Food, American, Sandwiches

Steuben's is a Comfort Food, American, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/24/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

Sandwich-300x200

FoodieG photo

FoodieG

A happy surprise!

Despite it being only a few blocks from me, I hadn’t tried Steuben’s till I won a gift card in a raffle. A friend and I went for dinner on a weekday evening, and were seated on the patio— mostly walled in, I found it much nicer than the usual downtown patios where you’re basically getting stepped on by passing pedestrians. Very nice atmosphere out there.

The food portions were very generous (we ordered more than we needed to, we didn’t realize we’d be getting such hearty helpings!) and everything was scrumptious. It was a nice change from standard chain fare and overprice gourmet morsels— “comfort food” in more ways than one.

The prices are definitely right, too! We had so much food we couldn’t finish a bunch of it, and between the two of us the bill was still under $20.

Friendly and fast service.

Grilled cheese

Nothing special— which is why it’s special. Just like mom used to make, except with better cheeses and no Wonderbread. I don’t normally order grilled cheese when eating out, but for just $4, it was definitely a worthwhile treat. Comes with chips and a pickle.

Steuben's fries

My friend and I each got an order of fries, and we could’ve split one— we each got a heaping helping of tasty, thin-cut potato goodness.

Coleslaw

Again, not normally something I order when I go out to eat, because I like me some coleslaw, and normally you get a tiny little cup of it as a side. Steuben’s delivered a sizable bowlful, and it was yummy.

Sugar rolled hush puppies

My friend ordered the hush puppies, and with so much food in front of us, I had to help her finish them off. I’m no hush puppy connoisseur (I actually had to ask her what they were, while waiting for our food to arrive) so I can’t authoritatively say how these related to hush puppies elsewhere, but I found them delightful.

lorip photo

lorip

Denver, CO

This is my favorite restaurant. The menu is...

This is my favorite restaurant. The menu is lots of fun with well done comfort food that reminds you of your childhood. I love the fried corn appetizer. I usually make a meal of apps and sides so I can try lots of things. Save room for the butterscotch pudding.

DD_in_Denver photo

DD_in_Denver

Regional Comfort Food

Steuben’s chef, Matt Selby, is very creative at making comfort food in a variety of styles and a variety of regions. He is known for his Lobster Roll, which folks from back east say is very authentic. The first dish I had was the roast chicken with baby vegetables. Awesome! I’ve been back several times since. From the Rhode Island style calamari to the Truck Stop Chocolate Cake, the food is incredible. Steubens.com

The good news is that they have an attached parking lot. The bad news is that it fills quickly, so you may have to look for street parking (but there are no meters). Their parking lot is just to the east of the restaurant.

The Berkshire

Catering in Stapleton

Steuben's

Comfort Food in Capitol Hill

Village Cork

Comfort Food in Southwestern Denver

2/20/2020

A chowhound from Denver, CO tried Pour La France in Denver International Airport.

2/18/2020

A dining patron from Denver, CO tried Lotus Chinese Restaurant.

2/08/2020

A Mexican food lover from Denver, CO tried Lucero's in Clayton, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

1/31/2020

A diner from Denver, CO tried Rosemary Cafe & Family Dining in Harveys Park.

1/28/2020

A Cafe chowhound from Otis, CO tried Classic Cafe in Uptown.

1/23/2020

A dining patron from Aurora, CO tried Poppies Restaurant in University Hills.

1/23/2020

A Chinese chowhound from CO tried Lotus Chinese Restaurant.

1/19/2020

A Chinese chowhound from Denver, CO tried Jade Cafe in Bear Valley.

1/12/2020

A Burgers chowhound from Denver, CO tried Applebee's and didn't like it. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

1/11/2020

A dining patron from Manassas, VA tried NoRTH Restaurant in Cherry Creek.

Comfort Food American Sandwiches
Juice Kitchen

Smoothies in Lodo

Heidi's Brooklyn Deli Soup

Deli in Central East Denver

Steuben's  Restaurant Reviews

Steuben's is located near the cities of Alamo Placita and Glendale.
People found this by searching for: Stuebens, Restaurants Like Steubens, Steubens Coleslaw, Stubens Deli Denver, Steuben's Denver Menu, Is There Coffee In Steuben's Truck Stop Chocolate Cake?, and Do U Like Steubens In Denver.