Steve's Sizzling Steaks

Cuisine: Steak, Lunch, Cafe

Steve's Sizzling Steaks is a Steak, Lunch, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Disappointed. I wanted it to be a great old time joint. "
"Food was good."
"For first timers get the sauce on the side. You can always add the sauce never subtract."
"Great food. Casual with a friendly and helpful staff. The smell is Fantastic!"
"Apple pie"
"Good food"
Cons
"Food overall was very greasy. "
"Went with a party off 12. The server never came to the table to ask how our food was or if we needed anything. No free refills on soda. Which was OK,server didn't ask if we want more drinks. "
Comments
"Still better than going to a chain restaurant"
Jcminc photo

Jcminc

Poughkeepsie, NY

Service was slow and they weren't even busy

Food wasn’t horrible. It was ok. I was disappointed with the sauce (not enough) 3 mushrooms?. I remember everthing being cooked in the sauce. Steak did not come out sizzling. Very dissapointing. Waitress said she was old thats why they weren’t sizzling. My husbands filet minon was the size if a hockey puck. I raved about the restaurant to my family. They were not impressed either was I. I guess things change over the years.

Filet Mignon

Wasnt cooked in the sauce or not enough on the plate plus 3 mushrooms plus my husband’s steak was hockey puck size

she photo

she

Saddle Brook, NJ

Eh, just ok

I was excited to try this genuine steakhouse after reading all of the reviews, but was rather disappointed after the hype. Everything was good. Not fabulous. The service was good and pleasant, despite what other people have said. The steaks were slightly overdone, but not terribly so, and the mushrooms that the steaks were reportedly served with were extremely sparse. The steaks were well flavored, but not mind-blowing. My friend and I both enjoyed the vinaigrette on the salads, and split an oreo cake dessert that was nice. All in all, it was a good meal, but not somewhere we would go out of our way to get to!

Ribeye

Good, but nothing special.

April 6, 2009

Great food

This restaurant has very good food, especially the steaks! It seems that everyone knows about the place so it gets packed all the time. I generally go for lunch to avoid the larger crowds at night.

Steak Lunch Cafe

Steve's Sizzling Steaks  Restaurant Reviews

• 9/20/2016 A diner from US tried it.

• 4/23/2016 A diner from Montclair, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 2 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Disappointed. I wanted it to be a great old time joint.
    Cons
    Food overall was very greasy.
    Comments
    Still better than going to a chain restaurant
  • 4/16/2016 A diner from Ringwood, NJ tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food was good.
    Cons
  • 1/06/2016 Jcminc tried it and didn't like it.

• 12/30/2015 A diner from Bronx, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/24/2015 A diner from Montclair, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/07/2015 A diner from Ridgewood, NJ tried it.

• 4/11/2015 A diner from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/12/2014 A diner from Jersey City, NJ tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 11/05/2014 A diner from EU tried it.

Steve's Sizzling Steaks is located near the cities of Wood Ridge, East Rutherford, Hasbrouck Heights, Rutherford, and Wallington.
People found this by searching for: Steves Sizzling Steaks Nj Menu, Steve's Sizzling Steaks Menu, Steves Steak House Nj, Steve's Steak House Nj, Steve's Sizzling Steak Menu, Steve's Sizzling Steaks Recipe, Steve's Sizzling Steaks Rutherford, Steve's Sizzling Steaks, and Steves Sizzling Steak Menu.