1544 N Cahuenga Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90028-7313

Stout

Neighborhoods: Hollywood
Cuisine: Hamburgers, Lunch, Gastro Pub

Stout is a Hamburgers, Lunch, and Gastro Pub restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Burgernut photo

Burgernut

Chino, CA

Stout is excellent

This was my first visit —-strongly recommended by friends. It was hard to choose which burger to order but I had the 6 WEEK. I have eaten burgers all of my life and this is one I will long remember. The amazing flavors made it clear that the chef knows tons about how to blend meat with sauces and other stuff to create an excellent experience. I didn’t have the beer because I was going to be driving but I was very impressed at the amazing variety…all on tap. Great decor, friendly prompt service. This is not your neighborhood burger joint but is in the upper reaches of a great tradition of fine burgers. Seriously recommended.

obsidiansharp photo

obsidiansharp

Shout out for Stout

Just went back to Stout for the second time and I can honestly say its my second favorite burger in the whole city.
My first trip there i had the Stout burger which was simply delicious. It was very difficult on my return trip to order anything different but i finally decided on the Goombah which was equally tasty.
The sides were xtra large, definitely enough for two people but that didnt stop two of us from ordering three sides. Fries and sweet tater rounds were good but the onion rings, were amazing, probably the best ive had since Birds.
If your a beer head you will be very impressed, the selection is not only large 30 taps plus bottles but they carry some very very unusual beers that ive never even heard of let alone seen.
Like i said after 25 degrees its the best burger in the city…..

Goombah

LAFoodGod photo

LAFoodGod

I'm Tired of all these Baby Burgers

The owners of Stout must be some really confident guys. They opened a gourmet burger and beer bar in what I like to think of as LA’s Ground Zero of Burgers. Within walking distance is Lucky Devils, Umami Burger, The Bowery, Hungry Cat, 25 Degrees isn’t far away and Kitchen 24 and Citizen Smith aren’t known for burgers but have them on the menu. I hope they’re prepared for an all out burger battle. I don’t think they stand a chance.

The second issue I have with Stout is they serve baby burgers, like Umami Burger. The flavor of the burger is decent at best, the meat was flavorless and the pesto sauce has so much basil it tasted minty. The larger issue is that the burger is just too tiny. I suppose if you’re a girl, a really small guy, an ant, a squirrel, a fly, a bee, shaped like a toothpick or even an Umpalumpa, then the small burger works for you. But if you’re a guy and you want a “BURGER” this isn’t the place. And what’s the deal with the wax paper. I think my photos actually make the burgers look bigger than they are. Wish my camera did that for other things…

The explanation for the small burger we got was, “It’s a Gourmet Burger”. THAT’S JUST CRAP! I know plenty of burger places where the gourmet burger is bigger than two sliders and since when did Gourmet mean small? To me gourmet means higher quality, fresher and more interesting ingredients. It doesn’t mean the burger gets smaller. Either way, I wouldn’t go back. The burger was bland, the toppings were barely there, and all we could think of was is this really what they consider a good burger?

The fries were an interesting twist; they don’t serve regular fries, which is fine because the Greek Fries were pretty good. However, the highlight was actually the onion rings. They use a great batter providing excellent flavor. The Chipotle sauce is really tasty also and is a little spicy.

Trying to be positve, the place looks really cool. They did a great job designing it. The Copper beind the bar, the chandler made out of beer bottles, the bar built from bricks and the steel doors with windows that are intended to slide open if it’s a nice day are all really cool designs. While I’m being positive maybe the best part of a bad burger experience was our waitress Kelly Gene. She was fantastic. She was sweet, knowledgeable about the food and super accomidating when she realized we really weren’t happy with our burgers. She tried to work with us, but really there wasn’t anything she could do. The burgers at Stout are small and just aren’t very good.

www.LAFoodGod.com

American in Hollywood

Karma Coffeehouse

Sandwiches in Hollywood

12/06/2019

An American food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Kim's Restaurant in Crenshaw, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Friendly neighborhood spot with great food. Its like cheers where everybody knows your name.
12/06/2019

A dining patron from US tried Taste of Scandinavia in Woodland Hills.

12/06/2019

A chowhound from US tried Muse (CLOSED) in Mid-Wilshire, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Super cool place!
12/03/2019

A Japanese food lover from Tustin, CA tried Nanban-kan Restaurant in West Los Angeles, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

12/03/2019

A diner from Boynton Beach, FL tried Tony's Hofbrau in Lincoln Heights, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Boom bah beer 350 can't beat it !
12/02/2019

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried Yang Chow in Chinatown and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

12/01/2019

A dining patron from Beverly Hills, CA tried Thai Kitchen in Lincoln Heights and liked it.

11/30/2019

A dining patron from Hermosa Beach, CA tried Dolce Isola in Beverlywood.

11/29/2019

A dining patron from Baton Rouge, LA tried Attari Sandwich Shop in Westwood.

11/28/2019

An American chowhound from US tried Moustache Café (CLOSED) in Melrose.

Hamburgers Outdoor seating Good For Kids

Stout  Restaurant Reviews

Stout is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Stout Hamburgers, Stout Hamburgers La, Stout Hollywood Menu, Stout Restaurant Los Angeles, Stout Restaurant Los Angeles Menu, Stout Los Angeles Menu, Stouts Hollywood, Stout La Prices, and +Stout Resturant La.