208 S Main St
Anderson, SC 29624-1621

Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill

Cuisine: American, Catering, Traditional

Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill is a American, Catering, and Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid more than $50.

• 4/26/2018

An American food lover from Williamston, SC tried it.

• 9/21/2013

A dining patron from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

VinceB photo

VinceB

Pilot Mountain, NC

Rehearsal Disaster for 50.

In early 2014 I started shopping for a rehearsal dinner venue in Anderson, SC. I live four hours away in NC. The dinner/wedding was scheduled for early June. There were three restaurants requested by the bride-to-be and Sullivans was her top pick. I started shopping on-line, viewing websites, private rooms, menus, and other services. I contacted Kellye at Sullivans and after several attempts via phone an email was finally returned. We then talked over the phone and I gave her my three menu choices, based on their website catering menu.

Kellye told me that the dinner were to be $20.00 per plate plus beverage, tax, and 20% gratuity. I questioned the price as there were menu options that were over $20.00 and she said she had some leeway and it would be $20.00+++. I accepted this and gave her a $200.00 deposit at this time.

As the dinner grew closer, about 8 weeks out, I again called Kellye to request a meeting and a contract to sign. I had to call a second time. Then a third call and happened to catch her in her office. She could not find the original paperwork and asked for the menu options again. Later she contacted me and told me the menu options have not been available for over a year and I needed to make new choices. We decided on replacement dishes and a contract signing date was scheduled.

Meeting to sign the contract (it happened to be a day off for Kellye) I noticed the per plate price was now $26.95. The MOD called Kellye and she denied the original $20.00 pp price and again stated she lost the original paperwork. Being this close to the wedding I accepted the new price.

The dinner was for 50 and we had assigned tables for guests. We requested two 8 tops, a 6 top and 5 seven tops. Arriving at the reserved room I discover that one couple had already been allowed entry and we now had one 8 top and six 7 tops thus ruining my seating arrangement.

The food was good but they ran out of prime rib and I, the host, received two thinly cut pieces of well done mystery meat and at least three plates were an hour late and were steaks instead of prime rib. There was one child, the flower girl, that requested a childs plate of chicken fingers and I was charged the full $26.95 price.

Checking the on-line catering menu today, I see the discontinued dishes are still listed. Beware of promises made on the phone when shopping for a venue. Be cautious of on-line menu options, and be prepared to have them run out of food and not set the room up as requested.

I do not recommend Sullivans for a large dinner venue and will not return.

Vincent Bray
Pilot Mountain, NC

prime rib

Rehearsal dinner for 50. Prime rib an option. they ran out! My dish, the host, was two thinly sliced pieces of dry over-cooked mystery meat that I could not finish. There was no more prime rib to offer me a replacement.

American Parking Catering

Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill is located near the cities of And and Green Acres.
People found this by searching for: Sullivans Menu Anderson Sc, Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill, Sullivan's Metropolitan Catering Menu, Sullivan's Restaurant Anderson Sc, Sullivan's Metropolitan Grill Anderson Sc, Sullivans Metropolitan Grill Anderson, and Sullivans Restaurant In Anderson Sc.