4501 W 119th St
Leawood, KS 66209

Sullivan's Steakhouse

Cuisine: Steakhouse, Fine Dining, Lunch

Sullivan's Steakhouse is a Steakhouse, Fine Dining, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Close to home"
Cons
"dreadfully overpriced"
  • 11/19/2017

A Steakhouse chowhound from Leawood, KS tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Close to home
    Cons
    dreadfully overpriced
  • 4/25/2017

A Steakhouse food lover from Kansas City, MO tried it.

• 12/30/2014

A Steakhouse food lover from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it.

F15Pilot photo

F15Pilot

Kansas City, KS

Major Dissapointment Awaiting You

Do not waste your money dining at this restaurant. The food is VASTLY overpriced, even considering the location. The items do not come as described on the menu. The food was overcooked and everything tases like salt. This restaurant will not last long.

Crab Stuffed Shrimp

Overcooked, 95% breading and loaded with extra salt.

klobaugh photo

klobaugh

Poor Steakhouse

We ate in a private room. The ambiance seemed nice, and the restaurant was busy with a trendy crowd. However, the steak was horrible. My wife and I both ordered our steaks medium. Mine was blood red, hers was brown in the middel. The steaks were served too cool as well as if they had been sitting for some time.

The desserts were good, but not good enough to make up for the bad steaks.

Service was ok.

T-Bone Steak

Horrible preparation. Too fatty, too pink and served too cool.

jburrola photo

jburrola

Overland Park, KS

Great atmosphere! Great Food! Great Service!

A friend & I went to Sullivan’s this past Saturday & had a great time. We were greeted by a very attractive hostess staff. We had a 7 pm reservation & they told me I could be seated right away or I could have a drink in the bar. We opted to have a drink in the bar prior to dinner. WOW….what a great bar / patio. The patio is gorgeous. It even has overhead heaters for the winter. Our cocktail waitress was very attentive & suggested their signature drink…the “knockout”. It was a pineapple infused vodka martini…very tasty. She also suggested we should come back on Thursdays….because of the $5 martinis & bar menu. Our dinner was great. We especially like the sea bass. James our server was also very attentive. More than one manager came to our table to introduce them self & check on us. Over all the experience was exceptional!

Sea Bass

generous portion, very light with a soy sherry sauce. the best seafood dish i have every had

RACHAEL_RAY photo

RACHAEL_RAY

Lenexa, KS

The Night from Hell

Our experience began when we first entered the restaurant. We were with a party of 12 with a reservation and were the last 2 to arrive. The hostess could not find the reservation and we were forced to walk through the entire restaurant to find our party. We ordered a Calamari Appetizer which came out BURNT!. We sent it back and received a second order which was not any better. Then when my steak arrived it was not what I ordered and had to be redone. I must say that the steak, when I got what I ordered was very good, However, the Onion Rings SUCKED! ---- Greasy and no flavour. Finger prints on the blade of the knives. Since we were celebrating 5 birthdays ,desert was offered, however we were already 3 hours into this meal and after waiting 20 minutes we canceled the desert and left. We were there twice that night. THE FIRST AND LAST TIME. AVOID IF AT ALL POSSIBLE. TOM HANKS IN CASTAWAY WOULD PASS.

Bone-in Ribeye

Steak was great. Everything else SUCKED.

mcgee33 photo

mcgee33

Overland Park, KS

Very disappointed-Charred Steak

Wonderful atomosphere, very pleasant staff, but the steak was terrible. Appetizers were great, and the wedge salad was wonderful, but went to the “Steakhouse” looking for a good steak. When our steaks came out, they looked burnt. I took one bite, and all I could taste was “char”. I mentioned this to my wife, but did not want to ruin the evening for us, and tried a bite from the middle, this also tasted “charred”. She then said that hers also tasted “charred”. We caught the attention of the waiter, and told him the issue, and he acted as if he heard this all of the time. They handled the situation well from this point, but the replacement steaks had the same taste, yet not as strong.

I would never order a steak from here again, but I would like to try some of their other entrees.

Interestingly, a friend of mine went the other night, and ordered the salmon. He said it was wonderful, but the table next to him sent their steaks back twice because they were “charred”.

Too bad, neat place!

Kansas City Strip

“Charred”

Wedge Salad

The best salad I have ever eaten. Wonderful!!!!

kinsky901 photo

kinsky901

FANTASTIC!

I walked up to the restaurant with a view of a busy patio, which just made me more excited to get inside! My family and I were greeted by four different hostesses, all very beautiful. We checked in, there was a problem with our reservation, it was not in the books. I had called a few days prior but it had been deleted out of the system somehow. At first I was a little annoyed, but the hostess checking me in explained how the system had been working a little goofy when they started opening and that it would be fixed soon and apologized. The hostess looked me in the eyes and told me that she herself was going to go clear a table for my family and I. Five minutes later we were seated in their beautiful dining room, and while we waited to be seated we enjoyed their beautiful bar and patio! Live jazz music from 6-10 playing every night, it was fantastic! Once sat in the dinging room, the servers were extremely attentive and very friendly! The managers came to our table to see how we were doing several times, and even the hostess who had previously checked us in came and checked up on at least 3 or 4 times, and it didn’t bother us! She was sweet and made sure everything was going well.

The restaurant only opened in June, so I can understand why they might be having a rocky start. I have been back to the restaurant several times after and it really does keep improving, so if you do have any bad experiences, don’t let it keep you from going back in the future. Things there only keep getting better.

8oz Filet with Mushroom Ducelle

AMAZING! I order the same thing every time!

diner999 photo

diner999

Great Steak!

Finally made it to Sullivan’s after hearing it was the hot new place. I was a little hesitant to go because I thought it would be expensive. (it was my turn to pay for our group of 5) To my surprise they had a 10 oz Strip Steak with Garlic Butter & Fries for $25. It was cooked perfectly. Our server, Jay, was great. It was my best friend’s bday . Numerous servers & 2 managers came by the table to wish my friend happy bday. After dinner, my friends & I hung out in the bar. It was packed. I actually even met someone that I have been dating. So far so good. I would definitely recommend Sullivan’s. I had a great meal, a great time, & met someone new!

10 oz Strip Steak w/ Garlic Butter & Fries

great steak & great price

welendowd photo

welendowd

Leawood, KS

expensive--not sure it is is worth it

Good food, fairly good service. They charge you to sub a caesar salad for their regular half-head lettuce salad, which is pushing it, given their prices.

Also were in the bar on a Friday night in mid December…my guess it is a meeting place for the “white rock” folks in Leawood…(those of you in the know understand what this is ..right??)

Thursday night their bar food is $5, which is a great relative price vs the $12 prices that that food usually runs(they are small plates).

It is better than that crummy Plaza III venture…

8oz Filet with Mushroom Ducelle

very good, but pricey.

Steakhouse Fine Dining Reservations

Sullivan's Steakhouse  Restaurant Reviews

Sullivan's Steakhouse is located near the cities of Prairie, Prairie Village, Prairie Village, Kansas City Metro Area, and Overland Park.
People found this by searching for: Sullivan's Steakhouse Menu Prices, Sullivans, Sullivan's Steakhouse Menu, Sullivans Kansas, Sullivan's Steakhouse Kansas City, Sullivans Leawood, and 4501 W 119th St, Leawood, Ks 66209.