321 E Northwest Hwy
Palatine, IL 60067-8116

SUMO--Japanese Steak & Sushi

Cuisine: Japanese, Hibachi, Teppanyaki

SUMO--Japanese Steak & Sushi is a Japanese, Hibachi, and Teppanyaki restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 11/10/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and didn't like it. They liked the food.

soleil12 photo

soleil12

Chicago, IL

New Japanese Steak and Sushi Restaurant in the NW Burbs

Always a nice meal when we go here. The sushi is fresh and delicious. The “off-the-menu” egg roll appetizer is a hidden treat. Having been a few times since their opening, the owner always makes it a point to stop by our table to say hello, which adds another great element to an enjoyable meal.

Have yet to try the Teppan Yaki, but we will soon enough. Definitely a nice addition to the Palatine area.

qball photo

qball

Palatine, IL

Great place

We ate here with a group of 6 people and it was a very good dinner. The people working here were very friendly and very entertaining. The food was probably the best i have had from this type of restaurant. I would definetly go back here and i would recommend this place to anyone else who enjoys japanese steak houses.

csmoonie photo

csmoonie

Palatine, IL

Not as good as others nearby

Just got home from Sumo. The food at best was ok. I think if you order a childrens steak meal (at $12.00) it should come with a small dessert.(most other similar rest. do give it) The kids steaks are a waste of time. My 6 1/2 year old even thought it was too “skinny” It was the thinnest steak I have seen. (he likes steak medium rare) They forgot to make my steak at all til I asked about it. Golden yoke shrimp, pale, pale yellow at best. Fried rice seemed to be missing something. Vegetables were very good. My filet was very good when I finally got it.(my son did like that steak) My husband ordered tuna steak which was good size but over cooked. The service seemed a little unorganized. We go out for Japanese about every 4-6 weeks and will not be going back to this one. Hope this helps.

5/15/2019

A food lover from Chicago Heights, IL tried Los Takitos Taco Shop.

4/05/2019

A Chinese food lover from TX tried Heng Wing Restaurant, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
The food is always fresh and very tasty. i have never had any problems with dining in or carry out. The waitstaff is always friendly and makes sure our table is taken care of.
2/12/2019

A Japanese food lover from Palatine, IL tried Asahi Japanese, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Service, food
Cons
Nothing
Comments
Go and enjoy
12/17/2018

A Fast Food food lover from Rolling Meadows, IL tried White Castle.

11/28/2018

A dining patron from Palatine, IL tried Asahi Japanese.

11/03/2018

A Deli chowhound from Palatine, IL tried Tore & Luke's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

8/26/2018

A diner from US tried Wendy's.

8/26/2018

A diner from US tried Wendy's.

8/26/2018

A Burgers chowhound from US tried Wendy's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

6/28/2018

An Italian food lover from Buffalo Grove, IL tried Mia Cucina.

Japanese Hibachi Teppanyaki

SUMO--Japanese Steak & Sushi  Restaurant Reviews

SUMO--Japanese Steak & Sushi is located near the cities of Rolling Meadows, Barrington Woods, Arlington Heights, and Arlington Hts.
People found this by searching for: Sumo Restaurant In Palatine, Il, Sumo Palatine, Sumo Japanese Restaurant Palatine, Sumo Sushi Palatine, Sumo Restaurant Palatine, Sumo Japanese Restaurant, and Sumo Restaurant Palatine Il.