2375 Shoreline Dr
Alameda, CA 94501-6228

Sushi House

Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, American

Sushi House is a Sushi, Japanese, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 7/31/2014

A diner from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 12/22/2013

A dining patron from Emeryville, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 3/18/2013

A dining patron from Oakland, CA tried it.

mmm_good photo

mmm_good

New York, NY

The Rolls!

At one point, I ate here at least once a week when I was working in Alameda. That said, let’s just say that this is hands down, the winner of sushi rolls in Alameda, and darn well the rest of the East bay!

Started going to this place way back when… when it was just the small shop within the shopping plaza storefronts. With its expansion to its new location, the food has taken a minor nose dive but overall it is still bang for your buck, quality sushi.

Whenever I get a chance to go back to Alameda, I always try to squeeze in a meal at this restaurant. Took some of my friends from Chicago here a few years back and to this day they still yearn for the Bay Scallop roll and the Dynamite roll. Yes, these rolls are that good. Other personal favorites include the Cherry Blossom and Island roll.

Overall, fantastic prices, fresh & delicious fish, acceptable ambiance. This is a winner!

fattiusthebear photo

fattiusthebear

great, large sushi

My friends always rave about Sushi House, and I finally got to try it. I think it lived up to the standards pretty well. Apparently the wait is usually quite long, but I went on a Monday night, and we got seated instantly. Another note is that the food comes pretty quickly after you order since they have many sushi chefs.

Nothing here seems way overpriced to me, which is nice. Most rolls don’t go over 10 dollars, and all of them are pretty sizable. My friends and I ordered a bunch of rolls and shared, while I also ordered an udon so I was sure to be full. I was very satisfied with all the rolls, and I’d describe each one specifically, but I don’t remember which sushi went with which name. Suffice to say, most were all full of different flavors and actually fairly filling (one was somewhat disappointing). The udon I ordered was alright. The fish cakes were kind of hard, and the chicken lacked some flavor.

I’d definitely come back here because they have excellent rolls, that aren’t ridiculously overpriced. Also, it is next to the bay, so you get a great view.

Bay Scallop

A baked roll that was fantastic. The only shame is it is difficult to pick up since there is so much stuff on it and it gets stuck to the foil that it is sitting on.

Nabe Udon

Comes with chicken, fish cakes, egg, and a tempura piece. I felt that the chicken could have used more flavor, and the fish cakes could have been a lil better, but the broth was pretty good.

Lambada Roll

tulips500 photo

tulips500

unbeatable prices + good sushi

i’ve only been to sushi house once, but once was enough to lure me back again if the opportunity ever presents itself again (i don’t live in the area anymore). the prices are UNBEATABLE for the quality of sushi, which is definitely above-average, and the choices of rolls offered is unique & traditional. they’ve got huge sushi wooden boats (good for big groups, or if you’re one w/an abyss-like appetite). i highly recommend this spot for sushi if you’re in/near the alameda area.

Not sure why this place is soo packed all the time. Proba...

Not sure why this place is soo packed all the time. Probably its b/c this is America and everyone loves the size of the rolls and how much you get. But dont come here if you’re expecting quality food. After waiting 1/2 hour (if you’re lucky) to 1 hour, eating a so-so quality food makes the cheap price not worth it at all. Stay away from the nigiri pieces (fish quality is a bit suspect) I’d stick w/ the rolls.

AliceLi photo

AliceLi

High Falls, NY

I think it's the best sushi roll place ever. Not sure abo...

I think it’s the best sushi roll place ever. Not sure about their sashimi selection, but when it comes to sushi rolls, you can’t beat the Island Roll and the Lion King Roll!!

uclamedstudent photo

uclamedstudent

Fremont, CA

If you are interested in rolled sushi, this place is pret...

If you are interested in rolled sushi, this place is pretty good. But do not go here for the real sushi. I’ve been here on multiple occasions and the wait during peak hours can be easliy 30-45 minutes. I was quite disappointed with their nigiri sushi, and their sashimi was utterly terrible. Will only go if in the area or if invited by friends.

southfist_kid photo

southfist_kid

Pleasanton, CA

Alameda Sushi House

Alameda Sushi House is a family oriented sushi restaurant. The dishes were well prepared and the tastes were satisfying. The raw oysters had a nice soft texture to it along with a complimentary sauce that made the dish enjoyable. The sushis were nicely wrapped and each of the raw fishes had a fresh taste to it. We had a variety of sushi but I remember that “Hella Hot” and “Cherry Blossom” were decent. One of the cons for Alameda Sushi House is the wait. Although the restaurant is larger than some of the other sushi restaurants, there are usually groups of people waiting to be seated. Another con is the service. This is not for every server, but each time I went, our server seemed to be very rude and seemed to rush us while we are trying to order. I’ve seen other waiters and waitresses with smiles on their faces while ours were just grumpy. We usually eat sushi at night and the workers might have had a long day, but it is no excuse to react the way the person did. My family and I would usually over tip the workers, but in this case, it was a unanimous decision that we slightly under tip our server. Hopefully the next time, if there is, we will have a different server that we’ll happily over tip. I give the food a 4/5 and server 3/5.

Raw Oysters

I really enjoy eating oysters but this was the first time I had raw oysters at a sushi restaurant. The taste really hit the spot. The texture was soft and very easy to bite into. The sauce provided was what made the oyster great. Usually, I would always have to bring my own sauce if I know I’m having oysters but the sauce provided really complimented the oysters. Enjoy!

Nattiedafattie photo

Nattiedafattie

Berkeley, CA

The ONLY place to eat sushi. I love the bay...

The ONLY place to eat sushi. I love the bay scallop roll, which I personally think is better than the Lion King. Get there early though, or be prepared to wait in huge crowds of noisy hungry asians. Close parking is also limited. I also wanna marry the super tall asian waiter…I know y’all know who I’m talking about.

rnenuisrn photo

rnenuisrn

Berkeley, CA

the best sushi place ever!

There only two places I eat sushi at and this is one of them! After eating at Sushi House all other places just seem to fall flat. Def. one of my perennial favs!

Sushi Japanese Alameda

Mountain View, CA

henrywang

San Gabriel, CA

Sushi House  Restaurant Reviews

Sushi House is located near the cities of Oakland.
People found this by searching for: Www Sushi House Alameda, Best Sushi In Bay Area Ca, All You Can Eat Sushi Alameda, Sushi House Alameda Ca, Sushi House Alameda Menu, Sushi House Alameda Best Dish, Sushi House Alameda, and Ayce Sushi Bay Area.