Sushi Kim Restaurant

Cuisine: Korean, Lunch, Lunch specials

Nase photo

Pittsburgh, PA

Not a Fan of Sushi, but Sushi Kim is Great

I am quickly becoming fond of all the different varieties of Asian cuisine Pittsburgh offers. Although, with all this variety, it can be difficult to pick a favorite. I’m starting a Top Five Fav list and Sushi Kim is definitely on it. I had a sample of their cuisine at the Cathedral of Learning’s open house and was overly excited when a few days after, my friend decided she wanted to try them out.
I order the Beef Gyoza and Beef Bulgogi. According to the waitress, bulgogi is a traditional Korean dish. But, according to other sources, its origins are not clearly defined. According to my taste buds, it doesn’t really matter; the bulgogi was delicious.
The service was a bit slow for my taste. We had a group of 8 but the rest of the restaurant did not appear to be particularly bustling. It seemed like our waitress came around for only the necessary things: order taking, order delivery, plate clearing, and the check. I had a few moments where I wanted more water but missed her when she came around.
Overall I give Sushi Kim 4 menus.

Beef Bulgogi at Sushi Kim Restaurant

Beef Bulgogi

Essentially it’s thin pieces of beef marinated and served with onions and scallions with a side of steamed rice. The onion was a bit overpowering if you’re not a fan of it. I am a fan and toward the end of the dish I started pushing some of it aside.

Beef Gyoza

The gyoza was the best version of steam/fried dumplings that I have ever had. As a self proclaimed gyoza dumpling connoisseur, I can’t resist trying the gyoza everywhere it is served. I had not heard of beef gyoza before but I must admit, I was very pleasantly surprised that the slightly crunchy doughy wonton-like wrapper held such a tasty meat filling.

from GrubHub
May 26, 2014

I love Sushi Kim. I order from here pretty frequently and it's never really disappointed me. The only minus is the delivery fee.
February 2, 2012

bad korean dishes

don't order the korean dishes! especially the beef short ribs and the spicy pork. We went there for dinner and afterwards got very bad stomach immediately. The beef was so oily, undercooked, and tastes much worse compared to that in oishi…
April 21, 2011

Rated by Authentic Koreans as "Better Than Moms"

I've had the privilege to chaperone exchange students from Korea around Pittsburgh. My group was here for about a month, and the previous chaperones took them everywhere American, which is great. When I travel, I want to live as the…

Korean Parking Lunch

Sushi Kim Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 4/04/2016 A diner from Romulus, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Sushi Kim Restaurant is located near the cities of Pgh, Downtown, Mount Washington, Strip District, and Mt Washington.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Kim Menu, Sushi Strip District, Sushi Kim Review, Korean Restaurant Pittsburgh Strip Menu, Korean Restaurant Penn Ave Pittsburg, Sushi Kim Strip District, Sushi Kim Pittsburgh Menu, and Sushi Kim.