735 E Green St

Sushi of Naples

Neighborhoods: South Pasadena
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi, Catering

• 12/06/2015

A Japanese food lover from Pasadena, CA tried it.

• 8/19/2015

A dining patron from West Covina, CA tried it.

I've been to Sushi of Naples for lunch three...

I’ve been to Sushi of Naples for lunch three times in the past 5 months. And every time the food has been decent to good. I got the sashimi bowl with udon combo once, the grilled black cod lunch special another time, and the chicken katsu with egg bowl with udon the last time. The sashimi bowl was just okay, but I liked the udon. The cod was very tender and grilled perfectly – that was my favorite by far. The chicken was a little dry, but still not bad.

For the food, Sushi of Naples earns a solid 3 stars. And one out of three times I had decent service. But the last two times I went there with a big party (9 or more) and OMG was the service horrid. It was the same awful waiter both times, and I swear he has the attention span of a goldfish and the memory of Dory in Finding Nemo. I swear, he had to be reminded at least twice on everything we asked for, and he actually gave a little bit of an attitude when we asked for the miso soup that should come with the meal. The first time he forgot our miso soup (my 2nd visit there, 1st with the awful waiter), we were cordial. There were maybe 8 out of a party of 12 that were supposed to get the soup, but he conveniently forgot all of them. We asked him for it, and about 20 minutes later, they came. But at least it was before our food. The last time I went, only one person actually got miso soup with their order. So of course, he forgot the soup again, and when the food was delivered and we asked for the soup, the waiter gave an attitude. WTF?! Like, is he supposed to DO that, when it’s obviously his fault? On top of that, he got 2 orders wrong (brought udon instead of soba), had to be asked twice for the soy sauce and red pepper, and one of our party didn’t get his food until about 25 minutes after the rest of us all received ours – and he ordered the same thing as 2 of us. I really think our waiter just got everything mixed up and forgot to place the order or something.

Now, conveniently, they tack on an 18% gratuity on parties larger than some number smaller than 9. 6 probably. So, if you’re coming to Sushi of Naples, don’t come in a group of 6 or more, because you’ll probably get stuck with the bad waiter. Go with 2 people – the waitress in the front is plenty nice and accommodating.

Japanese Sushi Parking

Continental in South Arroyo

Central Park

Steakhouse in South Arroyo

Sushi of Naples  Restaurant Reviews

Sushi of Naples is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Of Naples Pasadena, Sushi Of Naples Menu Pasadena Ca, Sushi Of Naples Pasadena Menu, Sushi Of Naples Lunch Specials, Sushi Of Naples Lunch Special Menu, Japanese Restaurant On Green Street In Pasadena Ca, Sushi Of Naples, and Sushi Naples Pasadena Menu.