5124 Rue Sherbrooke O
Montréal, QC H4A

Sushi Yu Mi

(Between Avenue de Vendôme and Avenue Grey)

Neighborhoods: Norte-Dame-De-Gráce
Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese

Sushi Yu Mi is a Sushi and Japanese restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

Stylish, fast, and friendly

I was here for supper. This is a very tiny place with a few tables, beige dividing screens, and a big blackboard at the entrance with specials and the wine list. Outside there is a smaller sandwich board with the lunch specials.

The menu is much smaller than in other sushi restaurants I’ve been to. Even so, it was hard for us to decide what to have. It all sounded wonderful. Therefore we went with the Maki Lover’s Special on the blackboard — a little bit of everything, including the house special Nemaki: maki roll made with vermicelli noodles instead of rice, and wrapped in a lettuce leaf. The Nemaki made for sushi that felt less heavy than the rice version.

We polished off the platter between us. There were two desserts available, but my tablemate had a hankering for something else so we had dessert elsewhere. I was very pleased to be in and out of the place in less than an hour. I might go back if I were in the area.

Maki Lover's special

There were a good 20 pieces of sushi on the platter, with 4 slices per maki roll, 6 smaller pieces of avocado maki, and a generous heap of natural ginger. While very pretty to look at, especially the end pieces with asparagus or enoki standing up, none of the flavors stood out for me.

Tom Yum Soup

We each had a bowl of soup to ward off the chill. This was a clean up the fridge type soup, with bits of various fish, big slices of mushroom, skinny noodle bits, and a peppery oil slick on top. Not bad, but not sure if I would order it again. I left a lot of the liquid behind.

Sushi Japanese

Sushi Yu Mi  Restaurant Reviews

Sushi Yu Mi is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.
People found this by searching for: Sushi Yu Mi.