4150 Rue Wellington
Montréal, QC H4G 1V7

Sweet Lee's Boulangerie Rustique

(Between Rue Galt and Rue de l'Église)

Neighborhoods: Île-des-Soeurs
Cuisine: Desserts

Sweet Lee's Boulangerie Rustique is a Desserts restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and paid less than $10.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

chunky confectionery

I’ve seen Sweet Lee’s once in a while at foodie festivals. This was my first visit to their bake shop in Verdun. I was here for an afternoon snack. You line up on one side for baking, and on the other side is St. Henri Coffee for beverages. The showcase was packed with rustic-looking baking, portioned large and many with chocolate chunks. Don’t go looking for fancy frou-frou cupcakes, this isn’t the kind of place. Nevertheless, it was hard to decide.

It was really noisy and crowded. We shared a table with an Internet warrior, who said yes but was clearly uncomfortable with our invasion of her space. The booth seats don’t offer much wiggle room, and they are bouncy.

Only after I got home did I notice that on the back of the business card, there is a loyalty programme where you get $5 free after spending $55 in $5 increments. Sigh — next time!

almond croissant

The last almond croissant in the showcase! It was served on a long narrow plate. It was sticky and sweet, and delicious. My tablemate found it a bit too big and was happy to share it.

gingerbread-sweet potato cookie

This cookie was humongous, about the size of a saucer! It was studded with big cubes of crystallized ginger, and had a warm molasses taste as well as a strong ginger flavor. The sweet potatoes just disappeared into the rest of the cookie. I would buy this again.

Desserts

Sweet Lee's Boulangerie Rustique  Restaurant Reviews

Sweet Lee's Boulangerie Rustique is located near the cities of Saint Laurent, Mont Royal, St Laurent, Mount Royal, and Mt Royal.