103 S. Lake Ave.
Michigan City, IN

Swingbelly's

Cuisine: American

Swingbelly's is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great burgers, better than Redamak's. Other great items too. If you can appreciate a really good BLT, have one on rye at Swings. Sublime..."
"Great view of the lake and very good sandwiches!!!"
Cons
"The worst I could say about them is I would like some new and more interesting salads. And bring back the wings!!! They were excellent!"
  • 3/11/2018

A diner from New Buffalo, MI tried it.

• 2/17/2018

A dining patron from Michigan City, IN tried it.

• 2/01/2018

A diner from Michigan City, IN tried it.

• 10/12/2017

A diner from La Porte, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/05/2016

An American chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/02/2016

An American chowhound from Crown Point, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cons
  • 12/03/2015

A dining patron from Michigan City, IN tried it.

• 6/27/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/28/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/26/2015

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

GOBEARS photo

GOBEARS

Elkhart, IN

Great meal with a great view of Lake Michigan!!!

We had a family gathering celebrating a birthday and chose Swing Belly’s and the decision was a vrey good one!!!! We had prompt service getting a table for 9 which surprised us as it was lunch time and the place was getting full. The service was great with the waitress quick to take our order and the sandwiches were served in very little time. During the whole time we really enjoyed the view of Lake Michigan with the boats leaving and entering the waterway!!! The prices were very good too!!! We will be back!!!

Philly Sandwich

Simply delicious!!! The potato chips would have been better if home made but the meal was tasty.

SamAdams photo

SamAdams

Chicago, IL

DISGUSTING EMPLOYEES BEHAVIORS!!!

I was extremely disappointed and disgusted how the employees behaved. When my husband and I walked in to the restaurant, I noticed a little girl sitting by the door with luggages. 15-20 mts. went by and she was still there by herself and I started to wonder. Few mts. later, an elderly woman, african american, about 85-90, looks real fragile walked in the door and it’s the girl’s grandmother. I was watching her talk to the employees trying to find out when the train to Detroit was coming but I could tell by the employees facial expressions and body language, they did not want anything to do with her. Come to find out that they were 3 hrs early. I continued to watch the interactions and finally one of the employees (Kathy, our waitress) told the lady in a very firm voice that they will need the table. They both picked up their belongings without hesitation and placed it in the vestibule. As they were walking outside, I was watching all 5 employees gossiping and looking out the window watching them walk away. The restaurant was not busy at all and they could have offered them to sit in the covered porch while waiting for the train. When we were leaving the restaurant, I ran into the lady and her grand daughter walking back to the restaurant so I talked to them. She told me that her niece had to be at work that’s why they’re at the train station so early and they didn’t have anywhere else to go. I asked her if they’ve eaten and she said that the restaurant would not take her check. I offered her some money to go inside the restaurant to have lunch so they could be somewhere warm as they still have 2 hours wait. I’ve never felt so heartbroken!!! I’m so disgusted how the employees bahaved during this time of year or any other times towards this little girl and elderly woman who is fragile and harmless. All 5 employees did not show any compassion and kindness especially during the holiday season. I hope they realize that they will be old too and hope that nobody treats them the way they treated this elderly woman and her grand daughter.

My husband and I have been going to this retaurant for almost ten years now and that will be the last. I will tell all my friends and people I know this story and tell them not to go there.

American

Swingbelly's  Restaurant Reviews

Swingbelly's is located near the cities of Mich City, Pines, Laporte County, Michigan, and Michiana Shores.
People found this by searching for: Swingbellys Michigan City, Swingbellys Menu, Swingbelly's Menu, Swingbelly's Menu Michigan City, Swingbellys Menu Michigan City, Swingbelly's Michigan City Menu, Swingbelly's Restaurant Michigan City, and Swingbelly's Michigan City.