5000 Burnet Road

siacali photo

siacali

Austin, TX

Life changing experience!

Yesterday I had a life-changing experience. New to the Austin area, I wanted a hot-dog, googled, and found T-Loc’s Sonora. Having once lived in the Los Angeles area, I was already familiar with bacon-wrapped dogs piled high with delicious additions, so immediately upon seeing pictures, my mouth was watering, and I was ready to find them. As I was reading through the reviews, I noticed lots of enthusiasm around their steak burrito. It was a tough decision to decide between the two, so I ordered one of each. :-)

I had ordered online, and the food was ready well before I found their place (not hard to find, but being new here I just didn’t know the area). When I pulled in to their lot, one of their staff came to bring my order right away. They were gracious and kind. Great Service! Great service is good, but really, it’s all about the food, right?

T-Loc’s Sonoran hotdogs are absolutely wonderful! Their dogs are flavorful with bacon-y wrapped goodness, the toppings are generous but balanced enough to be flavorful and not too too messy (just a little). A true Sonoran dog isn’t like getting a hotdog with stuff just slathered on top. It’s got enough ingredients that it must be crafted well…no single item should overpower the flavors of the rest. And then there’s the bun…

Yes, the bun is very special. It’s something very different than your typical hotdog bun. It’s steamed instead of grilled, so it’s soft, moist, ever so slightly sweet and delicious! It absorbs the ingredients enough to become an integral part of the dish. Often I find myself discarding “extra” bits of bun…in this case, I couldn’t get enough of it. T-Loc’s Sonoran Hotdogs are simply incredible! But there’s more…

As good as the hotdogs were (and I will return for more), T-Loc’s Carne Asada Burrito was the heart of the life changing experience. It’s deceptively simple. It’s a flour tortilla filled with steak, pico de gallo, and avocado. Two bites into it (the second bite only to confirm what I suspected after my first bite), I realized that, although I’ve traveled the world and eaten many burritos, I was eating the BEST burrito I have ever tasted! Again, perfect balance of flavors…but a Carne Asada SO bursting with flavor that just thinking about it a day later makes my mouth water again.

You may not associate words like food truck, hotdogs, and burritos with the word gourmet…until you visit T-Loc’s Sonoran, then your life will be changed. Food like this doesn’t “just happen” by accident. It’s created and crafted by a deliberate act of art, love and passion.

Sonoran Hotdog

Carne Asada Burrito

Hot Dogs Gourmet Carne Asada

T-Loc's Sonora Hot Dogs  Restaurant Reviews

T-Loc's Sonora Hot Dogs is located near the cities of Rollingwood.