2209 Polk St

cliff photo

cliff

Mountain View, CA

Good New Age American Food

We recently went to try Tablespoon in SF and it was excellent. The place felt a bit small, though not cramped, so it was not really a problem. Decor was simple and nice, which I liked.

Appetizer I had was the dungeness crab salad, which was awesome. It had a melon sauce and was light and refreshing, a great way to start off the meal.

Entree was pork tenderloins. Thick-cut and, although they looked dry, they were anything but. The only downside was they could have used a touch more flavor.

I got a cheese course (the chef being trained at Gary Danko), which was solid…you don’t get to choose from too many cheeses, but they don’t skimp on the portions.

Finally, I had a chocolate dessert which was good (as chocolate desserts tend to be), but not exceptional. What WAS rather exceptional was their fresh-baked cookie assortment which a friend of mine tried…that was awesome. Their bread pudding was a bit of a let down, in my opinion.

All these things I got from their prix fixe menu, which, at $55 including a wine pairing, is quite a bargain for what you get.

I definitely recommend trying this place and, if you live nearby, I’d probably go back.

American Russian Hill Reservations
Mon-Thu 05:30PM - 10:30PM
Fri-Sat 05:30PM - 12:00AM
Sun 05:00PM - 10:00PM

Tablespoon  Restaurant Reviews

Tablespoon is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Bask Resto Russian Hill, Tablespoon 2209 Polk St San Francisco, Ca, Tablespoon Restaurant San Francisco, Tablespoon + San Francisco + Menu, Tablespoon San Francisco Restaurant, Tablespoon 2209 Polk St San Francisco, Ca No San Francisco Ca, San Francisco Mac Tablespoon, New Age American Food, and Tablespoon 2209 Polk St San Francisco Ca Menu.