408 Avenue du Mont-Royal E
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2J 1W1

Tam Tam d'Afrique

(Between Rue St-Denis and Rue Rivard)

Neighborhoods: Le Plateau-Mont-Royal
Cuisine: African

Tam Tam d'Afrique is a African restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped less than 15%.

CheapEthnicEatz photo

CheapEthnicEatz

Tam Tam D'Afrique a thumbs down

Oh boy, well its always a hit or a miss. This was a miss. Totally agree that the company was amazing, we laughed on our end of the table. Please newbies don’t judge the group on this one event.

As fort he restaurant itself…it was not good. A big group does equal a slow service but this was also a bad and neglectful services. Many were also very dissatisfied with their food. I was perhaps a bit more lucky on this. I was not crazy about my dish but it was definitely different. Rarely do I taste something that surprises me…good or bad. So I do not recommend this place at all BUT if you do go stick to a dish with the sauces..they had more success. Ignore the tough meat next to it. Oh and do not get the dessert, its like eating sand in sour cream.

Saka Saka with foufou

The beaf was beyond tough. Forget that. The foufou was interesting…not good alone but with the sauce I had very different. The sauce was Manioc leaf, smoked fish, beef, palm oil and other stuff. But half way through I had enough of this exotic flavor…..and I LOVE ethnic food normaly.

Nocton photo

Nocton

An African Affair... not to repeat

There are times that a new place opens and the right combination of food and service is mixed in the right amount from the start. But this is not one of those times, unfortunately.

Tam Tam’s d’Afrique is a new place that opened close to the Mont-Royal metro. I want to stress that the place had time to prepare and anticipate all problems. In all honesty, they had brought on board what seemed to be their full staff. However disorganization increases exponentially according to the number of disorganized people involved.

Service was terrible. Over two hours wait, close to three for some. Our waiters:

• they had no idea what dishes had to be brought
  • they had no idea which dishes had already been served
  • they had made no attempt to remember who ordered what
  • whatever notes they took were either useless or not being used

Food was a mixed bag in the best of cases. However for a lot of people it was the bottom of the barrel, and plain inedible for a lot of people surrounding me. My dish was both edible and enjoyable without being exceptional. Portions were small. For the poor quality, they seem overpriced.

We had two people leave the event, completely unhappy.

Bottom line, they’re not ready for business.

That being said… I still think new businesses and specially small ones should be given a chance. Once in a while, you will discover a gem in the rough. That was not the case tonight.

Mafe

Beef Stew with a peanut sauce, carrot and cabbage served with rice or foufou. I took the rice. Sauce was good, but still it was just peanut sauce. Without it the dish would’ve been dry.

One measly bite of beef, and the rest was carrot and cabbage. I could get a better deal anywhere else.

BernardReischl photo

BernardReischl

Horrible African Adventure

What a horrible experience! Total chaos and confusion. Lousy, slow service from incompetent staff who could not keep track of their orders. The 2 (3?) cooks should not be allowed in a kitchen. When a large group makes a reservation, have you not heard of preparing/chopping ingredients in advance or making a smaller/specialized menu? After we placed our orders, it took close to 2 hours for the entrées to arrive… and what bloody chintzi entrées! A Mars bar had more to it than the crispy roll. My dinner companion’s lamb was dry and tasteless and her rice was smothered in greasy looking sauteed onions. For shame Tam Tam!!!! After a 3 hour wait I left as I doubt they had even started to prepare my dish. The sole highlights? The fresh ginger juice and conversation with the Meetup members. I do feel sorry for any newbies. What a miserable first meal this must have been for them. Avoid this restaurant like the plague! I hope it closes soon for lack of business. they’ll never get mine again!

crispy roll

miserable

7/13/2019

A Chinese food lover from Gatineau, QC tried Kam Shing Chinese Restaurant in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

6/25/2019

A dining patron from Gretna, LA tried Riverview Restaurant Pizzeria in Verdun.

5/30/2019

A dining patron from Victoria, BC tried Chao Phraya in Le Plateau-Mont-Royal.

5/25/2019

An Italian chowhound from Terrebonne, QC tried Restaurant Lo Stivale D'Oro in Ville-Marie.

5/23/2019

A chowhound from Montréal, QC tried St. Pius X Culinary Institute in Ahuntsic-Cartierville and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/13/2019

A dining patron from Trois-rivières, QC tried Restaurant Kim Foo in Peter-McGill.

4/09/2019

An Italian chowhound from Lasalle, QC tried Restaurant Trattoria Trestevere in Peter-McGill.

2/28/2019

A dining patron from Toronto, ON tried Restaurant El Parador in Cote-des-Neiges-Notre-Dame-de-Grace, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/08/2019

A diner from CA tried Pendeli's Pizza in Hampstead.

12/31/2018

A diner from South Weymouth, MA tried China Plaza Restaurant.

African

Tam Tam d'Afrique  Restaurant Reviews

Tam Tam d'Afrique is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Tam Tam D'afrique, Tam Tam D'afrique Restaurant Montreal Menu, Foutou Restaurant Montreal Foutu, Restaurant Tam Tam D'afrique, Resto Tam Tam D`Afrique, Tam Tam D'afrique Montreal, and Tam Tam D'afrique Restaurant.