Neighborhoods: First Hill
Cuisine: Tapas, Spanish, Latin

Tango is a Tapas, Spanish, and Latin restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

jetleigh photo

fun Spanish tapas on Capitol Hill

Nice atmosphere. I always drive by this place and wonder if it’s any good – I would recommend this as a nice place for tapas if you’re on capitol hill. They had a good selection of Spanish wines, cheeses, and other fun dishes to try.

Next time I plan to try the Paella which takes 30-40 minutes to cook.

Madrid Platter

an assortment of meats, nice to go with your cheese/wine

Wild Mushrooms & Jamon

mushrooms with ham, the mushrooms were marinated in a really yummy sweet sauce

Mahon Cheese

yummy cheese by the ounce! this was a really tasty one

Tequila Vanilla Cured Salmon

tasty thin slices of salmon in a kind of wasabi sauce

Penn Cove Mejillones

probably the best dish we had, the mussels were perfect, delicate, uicy

moohaha photo

Yummy dessert

I’ve always enjoyed the food here, particularly their chocolate dessert which is to die for—“El Diablo” (which has won Best Dessert in the past). I’ve heard the service itself can sometimes not be too hot but I’ve personally always had a satisfactory service.

junebug photo

Mixed emotions about Tangos

I know how to say cheers in Spanish, but don’t know anything about tapas… For me, Tangos was an onslaught of mixed emotions.

First, I was nervous because I was on a first date and… Oops… this is a food review… let me refocus…

The food was an onslaught of mixed emotions. It’s difficult for me to write this review because honestly some of the dishes were great and some others were mediocre at best. It was like the restaurant was suffering from a grave case of multiple personality disorder. The flavors of some of the dishes were not well balanced as you’ll read in my dish reviews below.

I’d give Tangos three stars, but I’m giving it four stars because the service was really great! Our waiter was really kind, patient, and helpful.

Read my food reviews below for greater insight into the rating dilemma.

Queso Azul

Where’s the blue cheese?!!! I could barely taste the blue cheese in these little blue babies. I wasn’t expecting pungent, but it really just tasted like cream cheese with blueberries.

Ensalada con Pato

I like duck, but when you throw it in with something, you need something to complement the fattiness of the duck meat. I think that’s what they were trying to attempt with the sweet, but it didn’t quite work. I would’ve probably added a sweet salty flavor to complement the duck.

Ceviche Sampler (Valencia Marinated Sea Scallops, Coconut Spiked Crab, Ceviche Mixta)

If I broke this down, I’d have way too many dish entries so here I go.

Valencia Marinated Sea Scallops—5 stars easily. This ceviche was delicious!!! The flavors were really balanced and you could still taste the delicate flavor of the scallops.

Coconut Spiked Crab-3 stars. Good but not super compelling.

Ceviche Mixta—2 stars. Blech… This was pretty bad. It was like they had gotten the seafood mix at Costco and thrown some vinegar on it.

Grilled Lamb

The lamb was so delicious that I thought I had died, sprouted li’ wings, and gone to heaven! It was cooked just right, the meat was tender, and the accompanying side was delicious.

Strawberry Shortcake

So I’ve said that the ss at King Fish is to die for, but I’ve gotta admit that this ss was even better! Even though it’s not traditional with the almond biscuits, the light flavor of almond really complements the strawberry and whip well. I’ve gotta say that this is my new favorite ss in the city of Seattle!

Coelho photo

I love the bar

The staff here absolutely MAKES this place. I always sit in the bar so we have a chance to chat it up a bit. They hook me up with some great wine and lovely sweets. I ask Chef Bruno to fix something veggie for me and after he asks what I’m in the mood for, he makes up something quick and tasty.

(I do miss seeing Frank behind the bar, though. He is a great bartender and fun to listen to.)

Over all, I’d come for the great atmosphere and tasty foods. You may even make a friend or two, it’s that kind of place.

The good here is okay. For better tapas try Lark or Harve...

The good here is okay. For better tapas try Lark or Harvest Vine.

January 7, 2010

Great staff and feel! Over rated food.

To put it very simply, the wait staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. The feel of the restaurant was comfortable. Definitely gets points there for sure. However the food was bland, poorly seasoned and the tomatoes in the carnitas were…
October 7, 2009

Tango is great tapas!

Tango is a really nice spot. I like going there for a glass of wine and some tapas. All very good! We usually sit at the bar. Very relaxing. Service is really good too. Parking is not great - pay lot across street.
August 27, 2009

upscale but still fun

I like Tango because it combines classy with comfortable. The interior design is upscale but the wait staff makes you feel right at home. The variety of tapas they have is wonderful, and everything I've tasted there has been first class.

Tapas Spanish Latin
  • For a sinfully indulgent dessert, try the Diablo, a chocolate cake laced with chili powder.
  • Spanish, Portuguese and Chilean wines comprise the list, but the top-shelf tequilas are the true draw.
Sun-Sat 05:00PM - 02:00AM

0 useful

0 useful

Chicago, IL

Tango  Restaurant Reviews

Tango is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Tango Brunch Seattle, Go Tango Restaurant Menu, The S S Tango (Restaurant), Go Tango Menu, Tango Seattle Yelp, Tango Restaurant Seattle, Tangos Restaurant Seattle, and Tango Restaurant Seattle Reviews.