Tang's Chinese Restaurant

Cuisine: Chinese, Catering, Lunch

Tang's Chinese Restaurant is a Chinese, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $25 and $50.

Harvard_Bound01 photo

Harvard_Bound01

Lake Bluff, IL

HIGH PRICES-BAD FOOD-EMERGENCY ROOM VISIT

If you have Ramen Noodles, Uncle Ben’s Rice and vinegar in your pantry, eat that instead! Normally my fiance and I go to a place in Grayslake that’s right by Jewel on 120 (name left out to ensure validity of this review and not to seem like an advertisement) but a few days ago we decided to order from Tang’s because they deliver and we had never tried it. We were both COMPLETELY disappointed! For starters, the food was overpriced for the quality. ($30 for General Tso’s, Chicken Lo Mein and Crab Rangoons.) We live less than 5 minutes away from this place and it took over an hour for our food to show up. As if that wasn’t already enough disappointment we opened the bag…and that’s when we realized we had just been robbed. The General Tso’s Chicken was undercooked to the point that the breading was mushy, the chicken was fatty and the sauce had way too much vinegar base. The bed of broccoli that it lays on was about 5 florets. The Chicken Lo Mein was probably the worst let down. It was very clearly Ramen Noodles that had been “dressed up” with very plain pieces of chicken, water chestnuts and cabbage; it was also extremely mushy (over boiled). The Crab Rangoons were actually cream cheese filled rangoons with no crab, which would have been okay with me except that they too were undercooked and the crust was doughy. The saving grace could have been the white rice, which should be sticky rice but I’m fairly certain it was Uncle Ben’s.
But hey, they gave us an extra fortune cookie…which was extremely stale.

And after all of that disappointment and about 9 hours later, I was taking my fiance (who actually ate the General Tso’s because he was just that hungry) to the emergency room. He had been getting sick throughout the night and finally conceded that he needed medical attention. He had food poisoning. I should have known something was up when the dog wouldn’t even it. Don’t worry, he’s okay now, and can finally eat cheese sandwiches without getting sick.

I had to give this place a star rating in order to save this review, but unfortunately zero was not an option. Please do not be deceived by the 1 star!

General Tso's

Chicken Lo Mein

Crab Rangoon

November 1, 2012

I always enjoy the food from here, especially the egg rolls. Whenever I find myself with an achy throat or a cold coming on, I order a large egg drop soup and drink it all. I swear it is like magic (okay, maybe not magic...), I always…
January 2, 2010

Tang's Chinese Restaurant is outstanding!

Outstanding Chinese food. Best egg foo young in Lake county. "Real" fried rice not that yellow fried rice crap. I have tried man dishes and they were all good. Can't find another place closer to where I live that comes close. Excellent.

Chinese Parking Catering

Tang's Chinese Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

• 12/27/2015 A diner from Riverdale, IL tried it.

• 10/31/2015 A diner from Glenview, IL tried it.

• 9/22/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/14/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/12/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/23/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/15/2014 A diner from Chicago, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it 3 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/10/2014 A diner from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 1/10/2014 A diner from IL tried it.

• 10/26/2013 A diner from Skokie, IL tried it.

Tang's Chinese Restaurant is located near the cities of Hainesville, Avon Township, Round Lake Park, Wildwood, and Third Lake.
People found this by searching for: Tangs Chinese Restaurant Third Lake, Tangs Grayslake, Tangs Grayslake Menu, Tang's Chinese Restaurant Menu, Tangs Menu Grayslake, Tangs Grayslake Il, and Tang's Chinese Restaurant.