1006 S Lake Howard Dr
Winter Haven, FL 33880-2604

Tanners Lakeside

(Between Lakeshore Clb and Avenue D SW/Avenue E SW)

Cuisine: American, Seafood, Sandwiches

Tanners Lakeside is a American, Seafood, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Excellent food and service "
"Everything is awesome!!!! Shrimp & Grits are our favorite!!! My husband & I are from Tampa & when we visit my mom in Bartow we always want to go to Tanner's."
"Great atmosphere (layed back), friendly and excellent service (thank you Stephanie) delicious food. Definitely will go back and bring our friends."
"Staff very accommodating, view wonderful. Food great. "
Cons
"Mostly older people eating around 6 pm and hard rock music playing was terrible."
"None."
Comments
"Very laid back and comfortable."
  • 3/07/2019

Mikemue tried it and didn't like it.

• 12/20/2018

An American food lover from US tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/17/2018

An American food lover from Winter Haven, FL tried it.

• 5/15/2018

A dining patron from Tampa, FL tried it.

• 4/20/2018

A dining patron from FL tried it and rated it . They liked the food and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    Excellent food and service
    Cons
  • 2/14/2018

A dining patron from Haines City, FL tried it and didn't like it. They liked the food.

• 11/21/2017

A dining patron from Inverness, FL tried it.

• 10/07/2017

An American food lover from Tampa, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/10/2017

A diner from Winter Haven, FL tried it and liked it.

• 5/12/2017

A dining patron from Orlando, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

MikeMue photo

MikeMue

Winter Haven, FL

Not a family restaurant

Last week i went here for sunday brunch with my kids. (11, 9 and 5)
The setup was nice, but after seeing a young man whom I recognized from the Polk County mug shot magazine and who, after a brief background check online, turned out to have been convicted of multiple felonies in three different counties over the course of 15 years, working for tanners, i took my kids and up and left.

In my opinion Tanners is certainly not a family restaurant, with people working there who’s rap sheet includes grand larceny, grand theft, battery, assault and DRUG charges/convictions and to top it all off, are currently on probation for their latest conviction.

Makes me wonder how many more employees are convicted felons and/or are even on drugs while serving and/or preparing food and beverages to/for customers.

We would love to give you guys another try after extended background checks and random drug testing on employees have been implemented, as they should be in any reputable business, but until then thank you, but no thank you.

Left before getting seated

barnibear photo

barnibear

Bartow, FL

Enjoyable Experience

This location has been several different restaurants over the years. There are many lakes around Polk County and most have good potential for diners pleasure – this one is no exception with a great view of the lake. They’ve remodeled nicely and the interior is spacious and comfortable and the service very competent. The menu has nice selection of seafood as well as other dishes to tempt the taste buds. It was definitely a place to say “we’ll be back!”

Fried Gator Bites

Fried gator with fries, slaw and hushpuppies – very tasty, we both tried this and “approved”.

American Seafood Sandwiches

Tanners Lakeside  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Tanners Winter Haven, Tanners Lakeside Reviews, Tanners Lakeside Menu, Tanner's Lakeside Menu, Tanners Lakeside Winter Haven, Tannerslakesidemenu, Tanners Lakeside Winter Haven Menu, and Thanners Lakeside Winter Haven Fl.