221 N. Shelby St.
Santa Fe, NM 87501

Tanti Luce 221

Neighborhoods: Downtown Santa Fe
Cuisine: American, Catering, Lunch

Tanti Luce 221 is a American, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

makenna photo

makenna

Santa Fe, NM

I have been to Tanti Luce 221 four times since...

I have been to Tanti Luce 221 four times since it opened and it gets better every time I go. I went to Tanti Luce 2 times and Bar 221 twice. Rick, the new owner, has really changed the place from the restaurant that it used to be (Amavi) to a beautiful and elegant restaurant with an exquisite menu. Bar 221 is fun and energetic and a little snarky. Very humorous signature drink menu and great appetizers – especially the buffalo green chile sliders and the green chile tempura! Go check this place out or you are missing bigtime.

buffalo green chile sliders

Amazing taste. Perfectly prepared.

santafeats photo

santafeats

Santa Fe, NM

A new favorite place to eat...

When I heard a new restaurant opened in the space that Julians was located I was anxious to try it. Julians was our favorite place for a romantic dinner or for a special occasion. Let the reader know that we were not very fond of Amawi, the last restaurant to occupy this space, so it had truly been a while since we had been here.

When we walked in the restaurant it was wonderful. The white walls and natural wood floors gave the space a whole new feeling. I would have loved to see every table filled with people but this night is just the 3rd night that Tanti Luce 221 is open and it is very quiet. We were seated at a table that we had eaten at and exchanged anniversary cards at many times over the years just as we would do again this night.

The fancy drink list had some catchy names and there was a very good selection of wines both by the glass and by the bottle. My wife started with a Mojito while I went right for a glass of the Bordeaux.
We shared a beef carpaccio appetizer with crostini and capers that was excellent and for mains we had the Halibut and the Buffalo Short Ribs. We were extremely happy with both entrees. The halibut was cooked beautifully, served at the perfect temperature, and my wife being a halibut freak gave it an A. The Buffalo short ribs were outrageous. The lean and tasty meat fell right off the bones and it was served on a bed of garlic mashed potatoes with spinach. Nice touch. We also could not resist the one time Julians favorite dessert, hot chocolate lava cake along with a wonderful glass of Sauternes to end the meal.

The atmosphere was wonderful, it is always a pleasure to look out through those beautiful flowered stained glass windows. The place filled up a little with more folks and helped bring the jazz orientated background music down to the right volume. The service was great, everybody was very attentive and wanted to make sure that all was well at our table. They were aware of the shoes they were trying to fill as the ‘new Julians’. The food was sensuous, as it had always been at Julians and overall we look forward to going back sometime soon and letting everyone we know that there is a new great restaurant to try in Santa Fe. You won’t remember the name of the place the first few times but everyone will know where to go when you say Julians.

Rick, the owner, stopped by our table for a pleasant chat and we sincerely wished him great success, so we can return there to eat for the next 20 years or so.

If I had one suggestion, I would say that the bread they serve could been better, I found it too soft and a little tasteless, although the olive oil was superb. With that as my only gripe, I still manage to rate our experience an A.

American Outdoor seating Good For Kids

Tanti Luce 221  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Tanti Luce 221, Tanti Luce 221 Santa Fe, Tanti Luce, Tanti Luce Santa Fe, Tanti Luce 221 Santa Fe Menu, Tante Luce Santa Fe, and Tante Luce 221.