354 Bel Marin Keys Blvd
Novato, CA 94949-5672

Taqueria Real

Cuisine: Mexican, Lunch, Breakfast

Pros
"Me encata la comida, El lema los clientes son primero. El ambiente, el trato. Unika la comida de taqueria real. Love taqueria real Y sobre todo mucha calidad por muy poco $$$"
Comments
"Sii esperamos k pronto tengan atoles por la mañana Y noche."
  • 3/19/2016

A Mexican chowhound from Novato, CA tried it.

• 3/19/2015

A Mexican food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Comments
    Sii esperamos k pronto tengan atoles por la mañana Y noche.
  • 7/24/2014

A Mexican chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 3/19/2014

• 2/24/2014

A Mexican chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

jss309 photo

jss309

Petaluma, CA

Taqueria Real Bad

Go here if you want a case study for your servsafe exam. I am in the business and have been for over 20 years. My girlfriend has been getting sick with the runs and cramps and doesn’t know why. She eats lunch here occasionally and took me there to check it out. I ordered a bean and rice burrito with red sauce and mild salsa, keeping it simple. I stepped up to the slightly messy, lunch rushed salsa bar and noticed all the salsas were either very hot or super hot, one larger portion had way too many Serrano peppers. When I asked for something mild the waitress pointed to a thin tomato something with jalapeno slices in it! NOT! I then made eye contact with the cook, who saw me asking for options and asked for some pica de gallo, it was hurried to me. My girlfriend says she never eats the salsa because it’s too hot, I agree. It is way hotter than San Jose’s on Fourth in San Rafael because they use more Serrano, which equals more Scovilles. I then asked the waitress if they made the salsa so hot because they don’t want people eating a lot of it. She smiled, shook her head up and down and said,“Yes”. When I got my burrito the red sauce on top was hot tomato soup,100%, tomato soup! No spice, nada. My rice was not even seasoned, just white rice, nada. Where did the mild salsa for my burrito come from if they didn’t have any?? Later I watched the owner or manager, she wouldn’t say, wipe out a stack of wet bowls for the salsa and chips with a blue cloth towel and that is a violation of health code. The bowls are supposed to air dry and not be stacked wet, especially wood bowls even more so because of their porosity and their ability to harbor the cause of a foodborne illness. I observed her put the towel down on the counter top and then wipe the wet, stacked bowls repeatedly. Possibly cross contaminating everything with the blue cloth towel. I observed the waitress wipe multiple tables down with a different rag without disinfecting the table tops and then she put that dirty rag back on the same counter where the bowls were being wiped before, another clear violation of health code. All the towels, when not in use, should not be on the counter. And they should be using a chemical sanitizer to clean each tabletop. The floors corners show dirt buildup with no coving. When I approached the Manager I asked her if she had a servsafe certification and she said yes but could not produce her card. When I asked her about the salsa issue she said that they didn’t understand me, when I clearly asked and they clearly answered my question ,“No”. At least the cook understood me. When I pointed out the violations she didn’t say a word or even show remorse, I then told her my girlfriend had been getting sick lately. She said nothing. I then told her about the waitress’s confession about the hot salsa and she immediately asked who it was. Please think before you venture here. Buyer beware.

Mexican Parking Lunch
Sun,Sat 10:00AM - 07:30PM
Mon-Fri 10:00AM - 08:30PM

Taqueria Real  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Taqueria Real In Novato, Taqueria Real Novato Menu, Taqueria Real Bel Marin Keys, Taqueria Real Menu, Taqueria Real, Taqueria Real Novato, Taqueria Real Novato Ca, and Mexican Resturant Ble Marin Keys.