Taste of Texas Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Memorial
Cuisine: Steakhouse, Steakhouses, Catering

Taste of Texas Restaurant is a Steakhouse, Steakhouses, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
  • 11/14/2015

A Steakhouse chowhound from Rosenberg, TX tried it.

• 8/22/2015

A Steakhouse chowhound from Baytown, TX tried it.

• 3/27/2015

• 9/29/2014

A diner from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/18/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 9/08/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 8/14/2014

• 8/12/2014

• 7/23/2014

A Steakhouse chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

• 6/28/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it.

thehifidoc photo

thehifidoc

Houston, TX

The Best Steak In Texas

Friday Night My wife and I were treated to a lovely dinner celebrating her home coming, at the Taste of Texas By Dr. Don Abdo and his bride Donna. It is difficult to describe how great this dinner was. The appetizer of crispy bread wafers with a jalepeno jelly and Cream Cheese was great. But then you have one of teh freshest well stocked salad bars in Houston. The Asiago Cheese rolls are to die for and I will not even mention the Jalepeno Cheese Corn bread. Then came my 10oz filet with garlic butter and lemon pepper, you could cut it with a fork. I topped that off with a fully loaded baked potato. Kristen T was our attentive waitress. When she brought around the dessert tray, with some 10 fabulous items on it, the pressure was almost too much. We chose to have the Creme Broulet with assorted berries to eat there, but we also took home the famous snickers pie. (along with the rest of the steak and potato that I could not eat after the large salad and cheese rolls) It took 2 meals for my wife and I to finish off the snikers pie. (its that large and that rich) I have eaten here more than 20 times over 20 years. It is better than Ruth’s Chris, Morton’s, Sullivan’s and the Brownstone. It is a little noisier than those other places due to the high ceilings. You will wait for up to an hour on Friday and Saturday night, if you come after 5PM, but they have a nice waiting area with free chips, popcorn, Ice Tea and soft drinks. Owned by Famed Talk Show Host Edd Hendee and his Nina, You could spend more money in many other palces, but not as good a meal or better service.

Filet Mignon

Then came my 10oz filet with garlic butter and lemon pepper, you could cut it with a fork. It nearly melts in your mouth. I have never had a better one and I eat a lot of steak.

Otoro photo

Otoro

Houston, TX

My ribeye was over cooked, but they have a great salad ba...

My ribeye was over cooked, but they have a great salad bar and dessert.

January 3, 2015

My husband & I went to Taste of Texas on 12-12-2014, to celebrate our anniversary, as well as my husbands birthday!! Our filet's were superb!! The salad bar was top notch, a wonderful variety, of salads fruits cheese, & delicious hot home…
July 28, 2014

My family was there saturday for dinner, in celebration of my son's 28th birthday:} Kudos & many, many thanks to the incredible staff! A huge THANKS to our waitress, Vivee.. & manager!:} my son is still rehabilitating from a major…
March 10, 2013

A beautiful atmosphere for a "Taste of Texas" at its best!

Steakhouse Steakhouses Parking
Tips
  • Desserts are gargantuan and a single slice of pecan pie with cinnamon ice cream, can satisfy three people.
  • The restaurant offers a guide for history buffs who appreciate the collection of art and artifacts and want to learn more.
Mon-Thu 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 11:00PM
Sun 03:00PM - 10:00PM
Sat 03:00PM - 11:00PM

Taste of Texas Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Taste of Texas Restaurant is located near the cities of Houston Texas, Clutch City, and Olean.
People found this by searching for: Taste Of Texas, Taste Of Texas Lunch Menu, A Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston, Tasteoftexas, Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston Tx, Taste Of Texas Restaurant Houston, Taste Of Texas Restaurant, Taste Of Texas Restaurant In Houston, Texas, and Great Taste Of Texas Restaurant Menu.